Palm Harbor Middle School - Home of the Panthers
Address: 1800 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Phone: (727) 669-1146
Fax: (727) 669-1244
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Peggy Fowler
Doors Open at 9:20 am
School Starts at 9:40 am
School Ends at 4:10 pm
Grade levels: 6-8
Palm Harbor Middle School strives to create a quality learning environment. Our tradition of excellence started in 1983 and we get better each year. We are committed to providing a variety of opportunities for exploration in the arts, world languages, business and STEM through our electives, our career academy and ELP programs. Our staff will provide high quality instruction in a caring and scholar-centered environment. We will provide the necessary resources and support to motivate, engage and promote our scholars to success.
Points of Pride
- A Rating school
- Over 90 % of our Algebra students pass the EOC & 98% Proficiency w/ Geometry EOC
- Pinellas County Teacher of the Year, Florida Teacher State Finalist & CTAE Teacher of the year
- Five Star and Golden School Award Recipient Platinum Green & Healthy School Award
- Superior/Excellent Choral and Band Ratings
- FBLA District XII Winners
- Girls volleyball division champs & Girls track District Champs
- 80% of our students leave with at least 1 high school credit course
- Career Academy of Technology Students earned 655 Industry certifications in 2022-2023
- AVID Schoolwide recognition
Special Services & Programs
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) ; Center for Literacy Innovation (CLI)
- Career Academy of Technology
- Career Academy of Medicine
- High school credit classes in language arts, mathematics, science, Spanish, and technology.
- Accelerated science and mathematics, advanced science, mathematics, history and language arts courses.
- Elective courses: band, chorus, computers, foreign language, Health, art, orchestra/strings, STEM, technology and wood shop, Introduction to Journalism (Yearbook), TV production.
- Extracurricular activities: SAT Prep, Battle of the Books, Garden Club, Christian club, Drama Club, FBLA, Chess Team, SAVE/Student council, PMAC, National Junior Honor Society, Girls and Boys Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Flag football
Mission: Educate and Prepare Each Student for College, Career, and Life
Our Vision: 100% Student Success
The Five Star School Award was created by the Commissioner's Community Involvement Council and is presented annually to those schools that have shown evidence of exemplary community involvement.
The Golden School Award is given annually by the Florida Department of Education to recognize public schools with exemplary volunteer programs. Hours donated in all forms of volunteering, i.e. mentors, tutors, advisors and advocates, are to be included.