Palm Harbor Middle School - Home of the Panthers
Address: 1800 Tampa Road Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Phone: (727) 669-1146
Fax: (727) 669-1244
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Melissa Athanson
Doors Open at 9:20 am
School Starts at 9:40 am
School Ends at 4:10 pm
Grade levels: 6-8
Special Services & Programs
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
- Career Academy of Technology
- Full-time Nurse on site daily
- High school credit classes in language arts, mathematics, science, Spanish, and technology.
- Accelerated science and mathematics, advanced science, mathematics, history, language arts courses and a computer lab.
- Elective courses: band, chorus, computers classes for all grade levels, foreign language, Health, ESOL Language Arts classes available, art, orchestra/strings, STEM, technology and wood shop, TV studio, Introduction to Journalism (Yearbook) for 7th and 8th graders.
- Extracurricular activities: Battle of the Books, Drama Club, Ecology Club, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), Green Team, Hammerhead Club, Multicultural Club, National Junior Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Robotics Club, Rocket Club, Spanish Honor Society, Tech Superstars, Student Council, Girls and Boys Volleyball, Boys and Girls Basketball, Girls and Boys Track and Cheerleading
Points of Pride
- Our 2018 School Grade...A!
- Home to 2017 Pinellas County Teacher of the Year and 2017 Florida Teacher of the Year State Finalist.
- Home of the 2017 CTAE Teacher of the Year
- Five Star and Golden School Award Recipient
- Green & Healthy School Award...Platinum!
- We received the top student awards for the Dali Museum Student Movie Exhibition and Mainsail Young at Art Exhibition.
- A PHMS student won the 2012-13 Pinellas County Geography Bee; another one of our students was the 2010 National Geography Bee Winner
- Superior/Excellent Choral and Band Ratings
- We had eight FBLA District XII Winners in the school year 2017-2018.
- The Girls Basketball team made the first round of the playoffs in February 2018. This was the first ever middle school girl’s playoffs.
- The Boys track team were North Division District Champs in April 2018.
- The Girls and Boys Volleyball teams made the first round of the playoffs in November 2018.
Mission: Educate and Prepare Each Student for College, Career, and Life
Our Vision: 100% Student Success
The Five Star School Award was created by the Commissioner's Community Involvement Council and is presented annually to those schools that have shown evidence of exemplary community involvement.
The Golden School Award is given annually by the Florida Department of Education to recognize public schools with exemplary volunteer programs. Hours donated in all forms of volunteering, i.e. mentors, tutors, advisors and advocates, are to be included.