Enterprise Village is a self-contained economic education program that provides a hands-on learning experience for students. Students spend 6 weeks in their classroom studying economic education objectives that teach them about writing checks, using a debit card, keeping a checkbook register, applying for a job and working in a group. These educational objectives are put into action as the students spend one day at the village. The layout of Enterprise Village is similar to a shopping mall. During their business day, students work in one of the 20+ businesses, take 3 breaks, receive paychecks and have the opportunity to be consumers by making purchases in one of the business-sponsored storefronts. Without a doubt, this is considered by most students to be their best educational experience in elementary school.
The Enterprise Village program assists students by allowing them to:
- Develop basic economic concepts
- Understand relationships between businesses and consumers
- Use quality concepts in business and consumer planning
- Develop a basic understanding of checking and savings accounts
- Understand a simple decision-making process
- Work together to satisfy customer’s expectations
To request more information about our programs please email us at email@example.com.
Click on a storefront name on the map below to learn more about each location.