San Jose Elementary - Home of the Hawks
Address: 1670 San Helen Drive, Dunedin, FL 34698
Phone: (727) 469-5956
Fax: (727) 469-5960
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Lisa Brown, Principal
Stephanie Wignall, Asst. Principal
School Hours: 8:45 am-2:55 pm Monday-Friday
About Our School
Educating the leaders of tomorrow since 1958, San Jose Elementary School is located in a quiet neighborhood in Dunedin adjacent to Hammock Park. San Jose is a neighborhood school with a warm family atmosphere, caring staff members, and the home to many protected Gopher Tortoises. In addition to serving students in kindergarten through 5th grade, San Jose provides developmentally appropriate programs for pre-school students and students with autism in an inclusive and nurturing environment.
FREE Breakfast for ALL students at San Jose, M-F during the school year.
Breakfast in the cafeteria starts at 8:15am.
The first bell is at 8:35am, and the tardy bell rings and classes begin with Hawk News promptly at 8:45am each day.
San Jose By the Numbers
- B school in 2021-2022
- 300 students in Pre-K - 5
- 61% of students are proficient in ELA
- 63% of students are proficient in math
- Five Star School Award recipient
Our Points of Pride
- City of Dunedin Golden Apple Teacher of the Year 2021
- PBIS Model School Model School Award 2020 and 2021
- City of Dunedin Mayor's Top Apple Award 2020
- PCS Support Employee of the Year Finalist 2020
- PTA Golden School Award Winner in 2018 and 2019
- Fuel Up to Play 60 NFL Grant Recipient 2010-2020
- On-site Gifted Education Program
- Extended Learning Program-Promise Time After School
- STEM Academy After School Program Gr 2-5
- School Garden Project
- Computer and Science Lab
- PCS Connects 1:1 laptops and mobile iPad lab
- Multicultural Fair and Spring Fling PE Showcase Each Year
- Great American Teach in Participant
- Active Multicultural Team for Intermediate Grades
- 5th Grade Safety Patrols Program
- Hawk News TV Daily Morning News Program in 4th Grade
- School Wide Positive Behavior Program using ABC Bucks and School Store
- Walk and Talk Activity Program for Grades 1-5
- Family and Community Friendly School with Parent Groups
- Safe Kids Coalition Member
- Battle of the Books District Participants Since 2001
- Walking and Running Club Twice a Week in the A.M.
We are your neighborhood school where "United We Soar!"
The mission of San Jose Elementary is to create a safe learning environment which promotes academic excellence through the partnership of students, parents, staff and community.
100% Student Engagement and Success 100% of the Time!