All students shall follow the dress code as stated in Section IV, in the Pinellas County School Code of Student Conduct. In addition, TSFES students are expected to dress appropriately to reflect pride in one’s self and school and shall adhere to the following additional dress code guidelines which are specific to our school.
Students shall wear:
- Shirts, t-shirts, blouses and sweaters that cover the midriff and have sleeves.
- Pants and slacks (shall be to the bottom of the ankle bone in length, shall fit at the natural waistline, and shall be free of holes, rips and tears).
- Jeans (shall be to the bottom of the ankle bone in length, shall fit at the natural waistline, and shall be free of holes, rips and tears).
- Uniform-style shorts only (khaki or navy blue colored only in the Fontaine Apparel Style, shall be no higher than 3” above the knee, and shall be free of holes, rips and tears).
- Skirts or dresses (with sleeves) no higher than 3” above the knee (shorts under appropriate length skirts are allowed and encouraged for PE and Tigers on the Move).
- Leggings – shall be solid color and be to the ankle and worn under a skirt or dress which is no higher than 3” above the knee.
- Shoes – Athletic shoes with rubber soles that are appropriate for physical activity shall be worn every day of the week.
- Socks or stockings must be worn with athletic shoes.
Students may not wear:
- Tank tops, sleeveless tops or tops that have cut-outs or sheer fabric.
- Athletic/sport pants or sweatpants; form-fitting or stretch/lycra/spandex/fleece/yoga pants; cargo pants; capris.
- Form-fitting jeans, jeggings or pants.
- Cargo, denim, or multi-colored shorts; non-Fontaine Style shorts
- Mini-skirts, skorts, coulottes or divided skirts.
- Leggings may not be worn alone with a shirt or under a skirt or dress which is higher than 3” above the knee.
- Leggings shorter than full length to the ankle; multi-colored leggings.
- Boots, slip-on shoes, sandals, thongs, clogs or croc-style shoes.
- Painted hair in various colors; hairstyles and colors which are disruptive to the school environment or educational process.
- Temporary tattoos.
Parents and volunteers shall be mindful of the student dress code while volunteering on the campus.
Shirts, t-shirts, blouses and sweaters shall cover the midriff and have sleeves and shorts/skirts shall be no higher than 3” above the knee.
The dress code will be strictly enforced at TSFES. If a student comes to school with inappropriate attire, the child will be sent to the office for the first violation and the parent will be called to bring appropriate clothes for the child to wear for the remainder of the day. If the parent cannot bring appropriate clothes in, the child will be given dress code appropriate clothes to borrow for the day.
After the first violation, all further infractions will result in a dress code violation letter and subsequently detention after a student receives 3 violations. Dress code violations are cumulative throughout the entire school year and not associated with infraction periods. The principal will have the final decision regarding the enforcement and definition of the dress code. If there is a question regarding the appropriateness of student dress, please consult the principal.