MANDATORY School Uniform Policy
· White, navy blue, black or light blue
· Polo style ONLY (knit/cotton)
· Collared and sleeved
· 3 to 4 buttons or no more than 7” zipper at neckline
· NO logos or contrasting colors
· Shirts TUCKED IN and clean
· Azalea t-shirts on Friday ONLY
· Club t-shirts may be worn on club day and on Fridays
· Long sleeve shirts or undershirts may be worn under uniform shirts – ONLY white, navy blue, black or light blue
· Sweatshirt or sweaters on campus – ONLY white, navy blue, black or light blue
· Winter coats allowed outside ONLY
· Please label all outerwear
· Sneakers ONLY
· NO Healy’s, Crocs or knee high sneakers
Pants, Shorts, Skirts, Skorts, Capris, or Jumpers
· Navy blue, black or khaki
· No denim or jean styles (no square pockets in rear)
· No fleece (sweat pants)
· No leggings
· No spandex
· No low rise or “hip huggers”
· Fitted, neat, and not worn below undergarment line
· Shorts, skirts, jumpers, and skorts must be long enough to fall below finger line
· Solid colors ONLY – white, navy blue, black or white
· Tights – white, tan, navy blue or black
· No hats worn inside buildings
· No bandanas worn on heads
· No distracting hair color (purple, green, etc. Painted hair is not allowed)
· Belts are optional
· If worn, they need to be black, navy blue, brown or khaki with a small buckle
Non Uniform Days
Must adhere to guidelines in the Student Code of Conduct
· Individual picture day
· Enterprise Village
· Fifth grade graduation
· School approved sports day
· Scouting meeting days - scouts may wear their scout uniform
Azalea T-shirts and sweatshirts are sold through our PTA
Consequences for Noncompliance
Azalea Elementary has a mandatory uniform policy. All students must arrive to school in uniform every day. If the uniform policy cannot be supported by the family, ultimately the parent should request a school without uniforms.
First Offense: There will be a teacher/student conference as to why the student is not in uniform. A letter of notification on non-compliance will be sent home. The letter must be signed and returned to the classroom teacher.
Second Offense: Student will be referred to the office for a uniform conference. A mandatory parent contact will be made to remind parents of the uniform requirement. A second reminder letter from the office will be sent home to be signed and returned to an administrator.
Third Offense: Student will be referred to the office for a uniform conference. A mandatory parent contact will be made by the social worker to remind parents of the uniform requirement and to see if parents need some assistance with compliance.
Fourth Offense: Mandatory parent conference with school leadership.
Fifth Offense: Final parent conference to include input from the Director of School Operations to discuss an administrative transfer to school where uniforms are not required.
Rev. 7/2016Current policy replaces all previous policies.