Canvas is a Learning Management System. To learn the general instructions for using Canvas as a parent/observer, please take this following Canvas course.
What is a Learning Management System? A Learning Management System (LMS) is a way to simplify teaching and learning by connecting all digital tools teachers, students and parents use into one place.
Why are teachers using Canvas?
Teachers can use Canvas to:
- Personalize learning for students
- Receive and grade student assignments, discussions, and quizzes.
- Easily align assignments and rubrics to standards and/or learning objectives.
- Provide students with written, audio, or video feedback and multiple revision/submission opportunities.
- Organize all work and course-related events into one, drag-and-drop calendar.
- Push course notifications to students via email and text.
Why might a student benefit from working in Canvas?
Students can use Canvas to:
- Access class materials (calendar, assignments, quizzes, etc.) online using any device or any browser.
- Track their progress through ongoing teacher feedback tools.
- Receive course announcements, grade notifications, etc. instantaneously on their preferred device(s).
- Easily collaborate with peers and teachers.
Information from (https://pcsb.instructure.com/courses/77992)