Lakewood Elementary School - Home of the Tigers
Address: 4151 6th Street S, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Phone: (727) 893-2196
Fax: (727) 893-9152
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Renee Nellenbach
School Hours: 8:30 AM - 3:15 PM
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 3:45 PM
Grade levels: Pre-K - 5
Lakewood Elementary is a Transformation Zone School nestled in the heart of South St. Petersburg. The learning environment of Lakewood Elementary is student owned and collaborative. Instructional tasks are aligned to the standards and engage students in productive struggle. Our school also features a Wellness and Performing Arts magnet program that provides students with additional opportunities for hands-on learning, dance, strings, gardening and more. Lakewood Elementaryhosts a diverse faculty of highly-qualified teachers from around the nation, excellent para-professionals who support small group intervention, and a dedicated support staff who help to maintain a safe and supportive campus for our students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Points of Pride
- Earned the School Grade of "A" in 2021
- Florida PBIS Model School Award Winner
- Wellness and Performing Arts Magnet
- School-wide Flexible Seating
- High Performing pre-kindergarten and kindergarten programs
- Monthly Parent Engagement Events
- Support Employee of the Year State Finalist - HPO
Special Services and Programs
- After School Clubs - Strings, Photography, Capoeira Martial Arts, Green Thumb Club, Video Game, and more.
- Makers Space and STEM offered throughout the Day
- Alternative Specials- Dance, Keyboarding, Drumming, Digital Arts, and more.
- Student-run School Newspaper and Morning News Show
- 21st Century iClass
- Parent Learning Workshops
- On-site Student/Family Services- Suncoast, PHEMS, Community Partners, full-time Student Services Department
- Glazer Vision Foundation Services and annual on-site dental services
- Participation in District Competitions
Vision: 100% Student Success
Mission: The mission of Lakewood Elementary School is to provide each student with a diverse education to prepare them for college, career, and life.