Volunteer & Visitor Registration Information
Identification and Sign-in/Sign-out Procedure
Because student safety is the responsibility of the school, always report to the school office before you begin your volunteer activity. Begin by signing in with the front office with your driver’s license and obtaining a Badge Pass visitor’s badge. Current Level 2 volunteers will not need a Badge Pass badge, you will wear your Level 2 badge. Wearing your name badge while at school and during your volunteer activity will ensure that school staff and students can easily identify you. Please take a moment to log your volunteer hours by signing-in with your Volunteer password and ID at https://focus.pcsb.org/volunteer from home or on our Community Access Computer outside the front office. The Focus Volunteer System keeps a record of your hours of service, which the school will receive recognition for based on the number of volunteer hours accumulated over the school year. Please don’t forget to sign out!
IMPORTANT: All volunteers are required to be registered and MUST have an approved status to attend all field trips. It takes about two weeks to complete this process, so please make sure you have registered with us in advance of any field trip or volunteer opportunity you are considering.
Pinellas County Schools has a responsibility to its students, staff and visitors. All individuals desiring to volunteer, whether in a classroom, mentoring, tutoring or to act as a chaperone on a field trip are required to complete the application process.
Volunteer applicants are also required to show a legal, government issued photo ID upon registration to verify their name and date of birth. Information on the registration form is used to conduct a background check by Campus Police. All information is for program use only and will not be given to any other organization, group or person. Pinellas County Schools reserves the right to refuse volunteer assignments to individuals convicted of offenses pursuant to 112.011, Florida Statutes (1997).
To make the registration process easier for you, you can download the registration form by clicking on the Volunteer Registration form below, complete it at your convenience and return to the front office at your next visit to the school.
Volunteer Registration Forms & Information
Activate Your Volunteer Status and log volunteer hours:
PCS Volunteer Handbook:
Student Volunteer Referral Document/Volunteer Registration Form:
Volunteer Registration Form Spanish:
LEVEL 2 PROCEDURES:
College students seeking to earn college credit, please complete the Student Intern Security Check for the School Board of Pinellas County form # 2-2996 with a copy of your government issued identification. Faxed, emailed or scanned copies are not acceptable, only original forms will be accepted. Then contact Mary Thomas in PCS Human Resources department at 727-588-6377.
Volunteer Guidelines and Agreement
1. Volunteers must adhere to the Pinellas County School dress code, including no low cut tops, no straps showing, no see-through clothing, no sleeveless apparel, no shorts higher than mid-thigh length, no shorts or pants riding inappropriately low.Â
2. Volunteers must have no physical contact with Ridgecrest students. No hugging or touching of students in any manner is permitted.
3. Volunteers are permitted on the Ridgecrest campus only during their scheduled volunteer times. No stopping by or visiting is permitted.
4. Volunteers must not interrupt teacher instruction or otherwise behave in any disruptive manner.
5. Cell phones must be turned off and placed out of sight while volunteering.
6. Volunteers work strictly at the direction of the teacher and under teacher supervision at all times.
7. Volunteers must log all volunteer hours in the volunteer system, using your v.username and password.
8. Volunteering is a privilege and anyone abusing their privilege will be released from the volunteer program.
I have read and agree to the above guidelines, as well as all other Pinellas County volunteer guidelines.
I understand that if I violate any of the above guidelines, I may be dismissed from the volunteer program.