Below is a list of scholarships available to Pinellas Technical College students. The organization offering the scholarship establishes the eligibility criteria, which is usually based on financial need and/or academic achievement. Some agencies give preference to certain fields of study, minority students, and students from specific geographic locations. High school students, contact your high school counselor for additional available scholarships.
The American Welding Society Scholarship – The American Welding Society awards scholarships to students enrolled in a welding-related education or training program. The application deadline is March 1st for the following fall term. Interested students should apply directly to The American Welding Society at:
To be eligible, the student must:
- have high school diploma or GED
- attend school in the United States or its territories
The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association Scholarship – The AFCEA provides scholarships in fields of study that directly relate to AFCEA’s sphere of interest. Applications will be accepted from students enrolled in Computer Systems, Electronics, Web Design, Telecommunications or PC support. Applications are accepted prior to February 28th of the current school year, reviewed in mid March and scholarships are awarded in April. Interested students should apply directly to The AFCEA at https://www.afcea.org/site/foundation/scholarships?q=foundation/scholarships. To be eligible, the student must:
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale
- have record of academic achievement, community service, and extracurricular activities
- demonstrate financial need
- be accepted to attend a community college, university, or technical school
- be a US citizen
The Bailey Family Foundation Scholarship – The Bailey Family Foundation awards a $5,000 scholarship each year to a PTC student based on GPA, financial need and community involvement. The scholarship money may be used for tuition only. Scholarship applications are accepted between January 1st and March 15th and July 1st and September 15th. Interested students should apply directly to The Bailey Family Foundation. Applications, guidelines, and additional information are available at www.bailey-family.org
The Barrett Family Foundation VA Scholarship – The Barrett Family Foundation awards a scholarship to a veteran, based on the following criteria:
- Must be an honorably discharged Veteran
- Must already qualify for VA benefits under Chapter 30, 33, or 1606
- Must Maintain Satisfactory Academic Grade Requirements for Program
- Must Maintain Satisfactory Attendance Requirement-80% monthly
- Must write a thank you note of appreciation at acceptance
- Must write a thank you note of appreciation at graduation
Marine Technology Society Scholarship – MTS offers $2,000 scholarships to students enrolled in a two-year technical, engineering or community college in a marine-related field. Application deadline is April 15th for the following fall term. Applications and guidelines are available at https://www.mtsociety.org/scholarships.
Pinellas Technical College Nursing Service Scholarship – The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance for students to pursue the state board examination within thirty (30) to forty-five (45) days upon completion of the Practical Nursing Program. Application forms are available at the Financial Aid office. The scholarship committee will award two (2) scholarships per graduating class as long as funds are available. To be eligible for consideration, the student must:
- be a Florida resident
- be a graduate of Pinellas Technical College St. Petersburg
- demonstrate 90% attendance with better than average professional classroom evaluations
- be actively involved as a volunteer in the community
- have a GPA score of 80% or higher
- be nominated by a member of Pinellas Technical College St. Petersburg Practical Nursing faculty
- demonstrate financial need
The Passmore Scholarship – The Passmore Scholarship makes awards directly to women, age 21 or over who live, work or go to school in the Tampa Bay area, who demonstrate achievement, need and well defined educational goals, and who are attending an accredited program. Several awards averaging between $200-$500 are made each year. To access the application and process for applying visit http://www.bpwstpetepinellas.org/philanthropy.htm. The application deadline is April 30 and all completed forms should be mailed to BPW/St. Petersburg-Pinellas, P. O. Box 1063, St. Petersburg, FL 33731-1063 or faxed to (214) 602-7823.
Pinellas Education Foundation Scholarship – a variety of scholarships for graduating high school seniors are available through the generosity of local corporations, businesses, agencies, organizations, and individuals. Students in their senior of year of high school must apply online at www.pinellaseducation.org by the December deadline. Scholarships vary in amounts and most may be used for vocational education.