General admissions process:
- Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Students with an Associates degree or higher from an approved accredited college or university are exempt from taking the TABE. Please provide documentation of degree prior to enrolling.
- See counselor to discuss TABE results, additional program requirements, and breakdown of program fees. No appointment necessary.
- Review the Essential Functions form for program of interest. Students must be able to perform all of the essential functions; however, accommodations may be available if accompanied with proper medical documentation. Please see a counselor for further information.
- Complete program interview or shadowing. Some programs have specific days and/or dress codes for shadowing, so please speak with a counselor before coming in.
- Apply for financial aid, if necessary.
- To apply online, visit http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. The School Codes for Pinellas Technical College are: 005605(Clearwater campus) and 013917 (St. Petersburg campus). Students can also obtain an application from the Financial Aid office.
- Pell does not cover all expenses; students will have to pay out of pocket for some fees.
- Once notification of eligibility is received (typically 3-5 business days), speak with a financial aid specialist.
- If using an outside funding agency (CareerSource, Voc Rehab, etc.), provide all paperwork to the agency.
- Complete a registration form and pay all applicable fees.
- Students must provide two forms of documentation for proof of residency when they register (driver license, state issued ID, voter registration card, vehicle registration, etc.).
- Students must be at least 16 years of age and not currently enrolled in high school.
- Most of our programs start five times per school year: August, October, January, April, and June.
Please speak with a counselor for further information.