High School Volunteers
Opportunities for Volunteer Hours
We welcome high school students that want to give back and serve at their neighborhood school. High school students can help demonstrate skills, knowledge, and a positive attitude to encourage the importance of education to our students. Below are some of the volunteer opportunities available for high school students to help make a difference in education of students at Seminole Middle School.
- Classroom Assistant
- Tutor or Peer to Peer Mentor (requires permission from Guidance Counselor)
- Special Events
Students are required to complete the online volunteer registration form prior to beginning any volunteer work.
Policies and Procedures for High School Volunteers
Seminole Middle requires high school volunteers to follow a few simple policies and procedures to get started volunteering, and while serving on our campus.
To Get Started
- All student volunteers must have completed a volunteer registration form and submitted it to our Family Community Liaison, Michelle Alfred, at the front office; or be active in the Volunteer Focus System.
- If volunteering in a classroom, for a special event, or as a tutor, students must receive permission from the teacher and set up an agreeable schedule.
- Peer to peer mentors must have permission from their high school Guidance Counselor, as well as the Family and Community Liaison and/or Guidance Counselor at Seminole Middle School.
Coming On Campus
- Students should have an email confirming their volunteer assignment from the Family Community Liaison, once they have been approved to volunteer. Please be sure to keep this email. You will need to show this email to our front desk clerk to be allowed on campus.
- Students should always be in Seminole Middle School dress code!
- Students report to the front office and will be asked to show the email confirming their volunteer assignment and their driver's license (or student ID) to receive a visitor/volunteer badge, and/or sign in.
- Students are to leave their backpacks and cell phones in the front office, and should not take them to the classrooms.
- Before leaving, students should check out with the front office clerk, pick up their personal belongings, and LOG THEIR VOLUNTEER HOURS in the Volunteer Focus System – instructions can be found near the front office computer and it is recommended that you complete this prior to leaving. Hours will be verified through the Volunteer Focus System for Bright Futures and classroom credit!
Any questions, please contact our Family and Community Liaison, Michelle Alfred, 727-547-4520 x2045, email@example.com.