Seminole Middle School
THE APPLICATION PERIOD OPENS ON FEBRUARY 22ND TO APPLY TO THE
SEMINOLE MIDDLE SCHOOL LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR.
Email the completed documents to SeminoleMSLeadership@pcsb.org.
NOTE: A SPECIAL ATTENDANCE REQUEST (SAR) WILL NEED TO BE COMPLETED
If your student does not reside in the Seminole Middle School zone, please make sure to complete a Special Attendance Request (SAR) which is a necessary step to be allowed to attend the school. These requests are approved and denied by the Student Assignment Department. Information on the process to apply for a SAR can be found at the link https://www.pcsb.org/Page/35815.
Why the Leadership Academy at Seminole Middle School?
- Fundamental principles including high academic and behavioral expectations with school-based application process
- Students learn and practice the leadership skills necessary to be successful in the classroom and beyond
- Individualized academic opportunities and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of every student
- Collaborative culture and community
- Engaging project based learning opportunities
- Rigorous academics in an engaging and flexible learning environment
- High level of student accountability
- Building student leaders through scholarship and service
- Provides students with an exceptional grades 6-12 pathway.
- SMS has over 30 clubs to provide students with additional enrichment experiences.
- Seminole Middle School was named a 2019-2021 National PTA School of Excellence
- If you do not live in the SMS zone, you can apply for a Special Attendance Request (SAR), through the PCS Pupil Assignment Office.
For more information, you may contact the Leadership Academy team at SeminoleMSLeadership@pcsb.org.
Acceptance into the Leadership Academy is contingent upon a recommendation of the student’s current Core Academic (Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts) teachers, discipline history, and availability of openings in the program. When necessary, a lottery selection process will be used to determine student selection. A waiting list will be maintained.