Seminole Middle School
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR.
Why the Leadership Academy at Seminole Middle School?
- Fundamental principles including high academic and behavioral expectations with school-based application process
- Students learn and practice the leadership skills necessary to be successful in the classroom and beyond
- Individualized academic opportunities and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of every student
- Collaborative culture and community
- Engaging project based learning opportunities
- Rigorous academics in an engaging and flexible learning environment
- High level of student accountability
- Building student leaders through scholarship and service
- Provides students with an exceptional grades 6-12 pathway.
- SMS has over 30 clubs to provide students with additional enrichment experiences.
- Seminole Middle School was named a 2019-2021 National PTA School of Excellence
- If you do not live in the SMS zone, you can apply for a Special Attendance Request (SAR), through the PCS Pupil Assignment Office.
For more information, you may contact the Leadership Academy team at SeminoleMSLeadership@pcsb.org.
Acceptance into the Leadership Academy is contingent upon a recommendation of the student’s current Core Academic (Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts) teachers, discipline history, and availability of openings in the program. When necessary, a lottery selection process will be used to determine student selection. A waiting list will be maintained.