Volunteer Requirements and Procedures:
All new volunteers must complete a registration form and submit a copy of their driver's license to the office. Processing and background checks take about 3-4 weeks. You will receive an email from Pinellas County School Board once you are approved iwith your username and passowrd. You may not volunteer without clearance.
Returning volunteers must reactivate themselves in Focus by logging in (see below) and answering a few questions regarding any criminal activity during the past year. This is required at the beginning of each year prior to volunteering.
- Always sign in/out at the front desk.
- Always wear your volunteer nametag/sticker or lever 2 badge while on campus.
- Log your hours into the Volunteer System in Focus. A computer is set up in the office to enter hours for your convenience.
Logging in Volunteer Hours:
Hours must be entered into a computer or laptop; phones and tablets will not work. You must use Firefox browser. We have a computer set up in the school office to enter hours for your convenience.
- STEP 1 - Go to: https://focus.pcsb.org/volunteer
- STEP 2 - Sign on to the Volunteer System using your v.account
Username: v.last name first intitial (not case sensitive)
Password: Last name (first letter capitalized) immediately followed by 4-digit birth year.
Click: Log In (it may ask you to register your computer)
- STEP 3 - Enter Volunteer Hours under "Support Services" or "Instructional" for mentoring or tutoring
- STEP 4 - Click: Save (very important) and then Log Out
It is very important for volunteers to log ALL of their hours in the system. Hours include planning and attending PTA and SAC meetings, planning and working events, making phone calls, working on projects, soliciting donations, shopping for supplies, etc. ANY time spent on activity that benefits the school counts! Hours do not have to be served on campus.