Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring that parents:
Some Family Involvement opportunities this year:
Play an integral role in assisting their children’s learning.
Are encouraged to be actively involved in their children’s education at school.
Are full partners in their children’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their children.
- Meet the Teacher
- Kindergarten Transition Open House
- Fall Festival
- Annual Meeting/Open House
- Doughnuts for Dad
- Reading Under the Stars
- Family Fun Night
- SAC/PTA Meetings
- Parent/teacher conferences (Fall & Spring)
- Muffins for Mom
- Reading/Signing School-Parent-Student Compact
- Meetings to explain state standards, school curriculum, assessments and student expectations.