Student Accident Insurance
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW THEN CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO ENROLL
If you do not have a credit card or checking account, contact the local office at 888-776-9920 x 6 for assistance.
Student Accident Insurance is available for K-12 and PTC students enrolled in Pinellas County Schools. Coverage is required for students participating in sports and certain extra-curricular activities.
This plan does not contain a deductible provision.
Coverage may be purchased any time during the 2017-2018 school year. Coverage ends July 31, 2018.
Voluntary K-12 Student Accident Insurance
If you don’t have other insurance, this plan may be a resource to consider. Additionally, even if you have other coverage, this plan can help fill expensive “gaps” caused by deductibles and co-pays.
Mandatory K-12 Student Accident Insurance (Sports & Activities)
The Pinellas County School Board, like most school boards in the State of Florida, requires students participating in certain school activities to purchase student accident insurance. This requirement will help ensure that every student who participates in certain activities is covered. This coverage is required even if the student is covered by another medical plan or program. There are no exceptions to this requirement as it is school board policy. This policy can be viewed by accessing the following link: School Board Policy 8760.
The following activities will require students to purchase student accident insurance:
Center for Construction Technologies
Jr. Varsity Football
Veterinary Asst. Program
Powder Puff Football
* Career Academy for International Culture and Commerce** Florida Public Services Association
FOR THOSE WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS, ASSISTANCE WILL BE PROVIDED BY CALLING THE LOCAL AGENT AT 888-776-9920 x 6.
Para asistancia en Espanol, llamada HSR 1-866-409-5733
THIS IS EXCESS INSURANCE. IT IS PROVIDED TO COVER SOME OF THE OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH ACCIDENTS. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE YOUR PRIMARY MEDICAL INSURANCE. ANY OTHER MEDICAL INSURANCE POLICY WILL BE EXPECTED TO PAY BEFORE THE EXCESS STUDENT ACCIDENT INSURANCE POLICY.The insurance carrier is HSR (Health Special Risk Inc.) The accident coverage is underwritten by ACE American Insurance Company.
DIRECTIONS FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Click on "Browse Rates", click on "Pick your state" then select Pinellas County Schools. Under the rate information, click on the Brochure (English or Spanish) if you want to view the high/low benefit plans before making your purchase.
- Open New Account - Create an account with a User ID and Password. (You must create a new account each school year.) Remember your User ID and Password for future reference and to reprint ID cards if necessary.
- Add Student & Coverage by clicking the "Add Student" button on the top of the page. Continue to add each student by clicking on the "Add Student" button until all your students are added.
- Click on "Add Selected Items to Shopping Cart" then select "Checkout".
- Select your payment type and click "Continue Checkout". Pay by credit card or e-check. If you do not have a credit card or checking account, contact the local office at 727-576-5995 for assistance.
- Enter billing information and click "Continue Checkout".
- Click "Pay and View Receipt" to complete your order. to print your ID card, click on Return to My Account at the bottom of the screen. You will also receive a confirmation email with the ID card.
- Provide a copy of the ID card to the Coach as proof of enrollment.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM:
- Claim form must be signed by a school official;
- Completed form must be postmarked within 90 days of the date of the accident;
- The injured student must seek medical treatment within 30 days of the accident.
- To be considered for payment, an Emergency room visit must occur within 72 hours of the accident.
- Mail, e-mail or fax the claim form and all itemized bills to:
HSR (Health Special Risk)
PO Box 117558
Carrolton, TX 75011-7558
Fax #: 972-512-5818
For questions/help filing a claim please call HSR at 866-409-5734