Coaches play an integral role in an athlete's life. Our athletic programs in Pinellas County depend on our coaches to support and guide our young athletes on and off the playing area.
If you are interested in coaching athletics for Pinellas County Schools and do NOT hold a current Teaching Certificate, you must obtain your coaching endorsement through the State of Florida.
STEPS FOR COACHING CERTIFICATION:
- Once hired as a coach for one of our schools, applicants will need to complete the coach information section of the Athletic Coach Recommendation Form provided by the hiring school.
- Applicants will also need to complete and submit the Department of Education application for a Florida Educator's Certificate in Athletic Coaching K-12 with a $75.00 credit card payment fee. www.fldoe.org/edcert/apply.asp
- Once the Athletic Coach Recommendation form is sent from the hiring school and received by Human Resources, the applicant will be contacted for an appointment for fingerprinting, which requires a fee of $49.75 and a receipt of application for a coaches certificate will be required.
- Human Resources will then schedule an appointment for processing.
3 YEAR VS. 5 YEAR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants who obtain a temporary coaching certificate get 3 years to complete the coaching endorsement classes.
- If courses are not completed within the 3 year period, applicants will have to complete the coaching endorsement courses and then apply for the 5 year certificate.
- Coaching Endorsement Course Information can be found below
- Applicants who complete the coaching endorsement courses within the 3 years, will then need to apply for a 5 year coaching certificate.
- Once applicants have a 5 year certificate, they will need to renew every 5 years.
Coaching Endorsement Classes
Summer 2022 Coaching Endorsement class dates: TBA