Online Registration for 2021 Summer Driver Education is now CLOSED.
Online registration closed on Feb. 28, 2021. Students who registered will be selected for the Summer Driver’s Education Program through a lottery process. Every student who registered online between 12 a.m., Feb. 22nd and 11:59 p.m., Feb. 28th will have the same chances of being selected. Applications will not be accepted at the school sites. Students will be notified of their placement via email starting March 12th. Students must accept their spot by paying their lab fee for the course by using the link on the confirmation email by the deadline of 11:59 p.m., April 9th . The lab fee of $156.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Sessions - Days and Times
(10) Day Sessions: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
- Session #1- June 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
- Session #2- June 28, 29, 30, July 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Students must be at least 15 years old and must have a learner’s permit or operator’s license when the session begins.
- Two absences result in an automatic withdrawal from the course.
- There is a 40-student maximum per site for each session
Summer School Drivers Education School Site
Boca Ciega High School
(1st session only)
Clearwater High School Countryside High School Dunedin High School East Lake High School Lakewood High School Northeast High School Osceola High School Pinellas Park High School
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- All students and staff must be screened for COVID 19 symptoms each day as they enter campus, using screening questionnaire.
- No more than 20 students will be allowed on campus for Driver’s Ed at one time.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be kept when possible.
- There will no more than 3 people in a driver’s ed car at any time.
- The cars will be wiped down using Clorox wipes after each driver.
- Students and staff must always wear a mask/face covering.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for students and staff.
- Directional arrows will be used for entering/ exits and movement within the driver’s ed area.
- Students must bring their own water and snacks. Water fountains will not be used.
- One set of Boys/ Girls restrooms will be utilized and cleaned daily.
- A designated drop out/pickup areas will be developed. Parents and other non-screened individuals should not leave their cars to meet their students.
- Students can not remain on campus after their assigned class time.
Important dates reminder
- Feb. 28, 2021: Online registration closed.
- March 12, 2021: Students notified via email of selection.
- April 9, 2021: Students must accept their spot by paying the $156.00 fee via link.
- June 14, 2021: First day of Drivers Ed Summer - Session #1
- June 28, 2021: First day of Drivers E Summer - Session #2