Pinellas County Schools will offer driver education camp at nine locations this summer. There will be two sessions at each site that will be open to both public and private school students at a cost of $156.00 per student. The sessions are scheduled from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The camp is open to residents of Pinellas County. High school graduates will not be accepted.
Students will register online starting Feb. 17- 23, 2020. The online application can be accessed on the Pinellas County Schools website. Students will be selected for the Summer Driver’s Education Program through a lottery process. Every student who registers online between 12 a.m., Feb. 17 and 11:59 p.m., Feb. 23 will have the same chances of being selected. Applications will not be accepted at the school sites. Students will be notified of their placement via email starting March 9. Students must accept their spot by paying their lab fee for the course by using the link on the confirmation email by the deadline of 11:59 p.m., March 31. The lab fee of $156.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE.
The link to the application will not be available until Feb. 17, 2020.
Students can register online for one session at their school of choice.
(10) Day Sessions: 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
· Session #1- June 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11,12, 15, 16
· Session #2- June 17, 18, 19, 22, 23 ,24, 25, 26, 29 ,30
· Students must be at least 15 years old and must have a learner’s permit or operator’s license when the session begins.
· Two absences result in an automatic withdrawal from the course.
· There is a 40-student maximum per site for each session.
School Sites for Summer Drivers Education Program
Boca Ciega High School (1st session only) Lakewood High School Clearwater High School Northeast High School Countryside High School Osceola High School Dunedin High School Pinellas Park High School East Lake High School
Important dates reminder
- Feb. 17-23, 2020: Summer Driver’s Education Program application available online at www.pcsb.org/driversed. The link to the application will not be available until Feb. 17th, 2020.
- March 9: Students notified via email of selection.
- March 31, 2020: Students must accept their spot by paying the $156.00 fee via link.
- June 3, 2020: First day of Drivers Ed Summer session #1
- June 17, 2020: First day of Drivers E Summer- - Session #2