Online Registration for 2023 Summer Driver Education is now CLOSED.
Pinellas County Schools will offer driver education camp at ten locations this summer. There will be two sessions at each site that are open to both public and private school students at a cost of $175.00 per student. To allow for smaller group driving instruction, students will be assigned either an AM Session from 7:30am – 10:30am OR a PM Session from 11:00am – 2:00pm. The camp is open only to residents of Pinellas County. Students who graduate in 2023 are not eligible.
Online registration closed on February 2, 2023. A lottery process will be used to assign up to 40 students per site. Each eligible student registered online, during the registration window, will have the same chance of being selected. The student’s spot is not confirmed until they pay their lab fee for the course, using the link provided in the notification email. The lab fee payment deadline is March 2, 2023, 11:59 p.m. The lab fee of $175.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE. See other Important Dates to Reminder below.
(10) Day Sessions - (Monday – Friday)
- Session #1 - June 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Session #2 - June 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
- Students must be at least 15 years old and must have a learner’s permit or operator’s license when the session begins.
- Two absences result in an automatic withdrawal from the course.
- Proper footwear is required – no sandals or slides.
- There is a 40-student maximum per site for either session 1 or session 2.
Summer School Drivers Education School Sites:
Boca Ciega High School
Dunedin High School
Northeast High School
Clearwater High School
East Lake High School
Osceola High School
Countryside High School
Lakewood High School
Pinellas Park High School
St. Petersburg High
Important dates reminder
- February 16, 2023: Students notified via email of selection.
- March 2, 2023: Deadline to accept assignment by paying the $175.00 fee via link in email.
- June 5, 2023: First day of Drivers Ed Summer - Session #1
- June 19, 2023: First day of Drivers Ed Summer - Session #2