Facing the Future TogetherPinellas County Schools believes that partnerships transform the educational landscape for student success.Partnerships are developed to provide support, services, and opportunities to improve student learning, stronger families and healthier communities. Schools are preparing students for their entry into a diverse and competitive workforce. Leaders in our community can take part in the education of our students to help strengthen our communities' future. Developing meaningful partnerships is key to meeting the diverse needs of the district, schools, students, parents, and the community.Partnerships:
Partnerships benefit by:
- increase student achievement
- expand learning
- increase student self-confidence
- students receive important encouragement to stay in school
- seek training after high school
- secure employment after graduation Partnerships benefit teachers by presenting opportunities to access available resources and support from the business community and community organizations.
Becoming a community and business partner is vital to the success of our schools and to the vibrancy of our community.Involvement can be accomplished in many ways:
- cultivating productive relationships with schools
- improves your image through the publicity and recognition of our partnership.
- companies/organization's name and logo can be prominently displayed at school events
- mini-grants can be awarded in a company's name
- companies can fund a specific initiative, such as automotive, technology, arts, health or more, which can reflect the businesses mission
- contributions will be published in the Parent Guide, newspapers and newsletters
For more information please contact us at:
- Employees - Providing time for employees to volunteer in schools as mentors, tutors, guest speakers or serving as special event volunteers.
- Financial - Providing financial contributions to schools or special events, Adopt-A-Class or sponsorship of programs, scholarship opportunities for students and teachers.
- Educational Opportunities - Internships, mock interviews and job fairs.
- Other types of Contributions - Incentives to students for achievement, good behavior and attendance. The donation of equipment or materials for use in the classroom or school.
Office of Strategic Partnerships301 4th St., S.W., Largo, FL 33779Lisa Leonarduzzi, District Volunteer Coordinator
Thank you for being engaged in education!
Executive Pass PartnersBayfront Medical Center
Boys & Girls Club
Clothes to Kids
George F. Young
The Nielsen Company
USFSP - Education
YMCABusiness & Community Partner relationships are ongoing throughout the year and typically involve an entire school. Regular communication, mutual objectives and specific outcomes are part of these relationships. Partnerships match community resources to identified needs of the individual schools. Schools, in turn provide resources to meet identified needs of a particular partner such as a business or community group. These partnerships have proven to be extremely beneficial to student success.School or Classroom Partnerships are designed for businesses or organizations to become involved in a particular classroom or school sponsored event.