Now Hiring – Schools Police Officers
PROTECT AND ENRICH THE LIVES OF STUDENTS, TEACHERS, AND SCHOOL STAFF:
Become a pinellas county schools police officer.
Pinellas County Schools is the 8th largest school district in the state of Florida and the 27th largest school district in the nation. Applications are currently being accepted for Florida-certified Law Enforcement Officers (School Resource Officers). A School Resource Officer’s primary responsibility is to protect, offer service, and ensure the safety of students, staff, visitors, and school board property.
Under the direction of Pinellas County Schools’ police supervisors, a school resource officer is responsible for the duties as outlined in the district’s job description.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED
- Three (3) years of law enforcement experience
- Must hold a valid certification under current FDLE standards as a law enforcement officer.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license
- Ability to communicate and work with others tactfully and effectively
- Passing a thorough background investigation and fingerprinting process
- Be a role model to and a mentor to students
- Impact and make a positive difference in a child’s life
- Compensated job-related training opportunities
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance provided
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) contributions: investment and pension plans offered
- Overtime opportunities
- 8-hour, day shift assignment (Monday – Friday) with weekends off
- 10-month work schedule with full-time employee benefits
- One week off for Fall (Thanksgiving) break
- Two weeks off for Winter (holiday) break
- One week off for Spring break
- Summers off
If you are interested in becoming a member of a growing, innovative police department within Pinellas County Schools, please go to our website, to submit an application and to apply.
If you have questions related to the position, please contact Sgt. Craig Corry or Sheila Diehl at (727) 547-7221.
For questions related to submitting an application and/or applying, contact Carlmon Jones at (727) 588-5136 or email email@example.com.