Pinocchio OperaAlmost 600 third graders from the Elevate A.R.T.S. schools (Campbell Park, Fairmount Park, Melrose, Maximo, Lakewood, Woodlawn and Bear Creek) attended the St. Petersburg Opera performance of Pinocchio. This community partner also came to the schools prior to the performance to introduce students to opera and prepare them to sing one of the songs during the show!
A Professional Development grant supporting ARTS teachersin high poverty schools.Grant goals:
- Provide Arts teachers with high quality Professional Development
- Increase student achievement in the arts
- Develop digital tools for use in arts instruction
- Increase Math and Science achievement through collaboration
- Retain high quality arts teachers
- Increase student engagement in the arts
How does this help schools?
- Teaching Partners come to school to work with arts teacher on a regular basis
- Arts teacher are provided sustained professional development that is collaborative and innovative
- Arts teachers are compensated for all professional development trainings