Gulfport Elementary is a mandatory uniform school.
School uniforms must be worn everyday.
On occasion, students are rewarded with "No Uniform" day privilege. Even on "No Uniform" days, all clothes must meet these Gulfport and School Board requirements:
- The policies for hats and shoes shown below are still valid.
- All shirts/tops or dresses must have sleeves and cover the shoulders.
- All bottoms are to be mid-thigh length or longer.
- The entire School Board dress code requirements are found in the PCSB Student Dress Code.
If you are unsure if your student has received a "no uniform day" reward, please send a uniform in your student's backpack in case there is a need to change clothes.
Gulfport Uniform Requirements:
POLOS- may be worn in any solid color. Solid in color means: no stripes, no graphics, pictures, numerals, slogans, etc. Tops must have a collar unless they are a school logo t-shirt.
BOTTOMS – pants, shorts, and skirts must be solid- navy blue, black or khaki. No denim. Solid colored leggings or tights may be worn underneath uniform skirts or shorts.
SHOES – must be enclosed regular shoes or sneakers, especially on PE days.
HATS – may be worn during PE or other outside events only.
If your student comes to school not wearing the mandatory uniform more than 2 times in a semester, this will result in after school detentions or disciplinary consequences.
- Label all JACKETS, LUNCHBOXES, AND BACKPACKS with the student's name.
- If your student is prone to bathroom "accidents", please make sure to keep a full change of clothes in the student's classroom or backpack every day.
Parents are encouraged to donate new/used uniform tops, uniform bottoms, underwear, and socks so that the office can loan clothes to students who spill food, have "accidents," or have other reasons to change clothes during the school day.
Where to Buy:
Uniforms can be purchased from Wal-Mart, KMart, Beall's, Beall's Outlet, Target, Gap, Children's Place, Old Navy, JC Penney, Rainbow Kids, and many other retailers as well as thrift, consignment, and online stores. Parents that can not afford uniforms should contact the school Guidance Counselor at 893-2643.