The Cambridge Secondary 1 curriculum is an internationally recognized program of advanced studies administered and assessed by the world renowned University of Cambridge. Cambridge certification has been recognized for the past fifty years and valued for the high standards, lifelong skills and abilities developed by students in the program.
Successful completion of the Cambridge series of courses is proof of a high quality education that encourages problem–solving and evaluation skills valued by the academic world and by businesses in over 140 countries.
Students in the program are exposed to challenging and rigorous curriculum in English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
• Develops a range of knowledge that will provide a solid foundation for each student’s future education.
• Provides a progressive framework of learning outcomes that are appropriate for middle school students.
• Provides a structure that places emphasis on the development of skills, as well as knowledge.
• Provides a flexible system of assessment that enables the school to obtain the feedback needed to impact teaching.
• Demonstrates current understanding of teaching and learning, including activities which reflect different learning styles.
• Provides excellent preparation for students progressing to Cambridge approved high schools, or other highly rigorous programs, and the chance to earn up to 8 high school credits.
• Allows student the opportunity to participate in a variety of electives including music, art, dance, technology, and foreign language.For more information, go to:
The TSMS Arts magnet program is open to current North Pinellas County incoming 5th, 6th and 7th grade students. Our curriculum includes fine arts instruction combined with the Cambridge program to ensure that our school will provide the rigorous, high level academic structure that Pinellas County families are looking for. This combined with our traditional, honors and gifted class offerings will meet the needs of all students.Fine Arts members will receive the opportunity to participate in this program through one of five different arts disciplines:
All of these classes will infuse leadership, character education and the fundamentals of reaching individual and group success. Our program will set up each member for better success as future employees, leaders and citizens in our global community.
Interested families can also visit the Pinellas County Schools website for more information about District Application programs and the process of applying for our Tarpon Springs Middle School Cambridge Center for Academics and the Arts. Click this link: PCS District Application programs
Thank you for your interest in our program.
We hope to have the opportunity to empower your student to be the leader of tomorrow!District application program enrollment begins January 8 to January 17! Be sure and visit https://reservation.pcsb.org/ to register for Tarpon Springs Middle School Cambridge Center for Academics and the Arts.