Seminole Middle School
STEM and Innovation Academy
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY APRIL 1, 2020.
The purpose of the STEM and Innovation Academy is to introduce students to a learning environment that blends skills needed to be successful in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
What We Offer:
- Hands on learning environment
- Practical problem solving
- Connecting lessons to the real world
- Preparing students for career readiness
- Giving students experience using research tools and technology
Students will have the opportunity to earn nationally recognized industry certifications. Eighth grade students can become Microsoft Office Specialists, while earning high school credit in the process! Visit www.certiport.com for more details.
- Academy exclusive field trips
- Professional capstone projects
- Career readiness
- Collaboration with high schools
- Guaranteed spot in the STEM Club
Acceptance into the STEM and Innovation Academy is contingent upon a recommendation of the student’s current Core Academic (Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts) teachers, discipline history, and availability of openings in the program. When necessary, a lottery selection process will be used to determine student selection. A waiting list will be maintained.