Nina Harris Exceptional Student Education Center - Home of the Hurricanes
Address: 6000 70th Ave. N. Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Phone: (727) 547-7850
Fax: (727) 547-7800
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Jacqueline M. Cassidy
Assistant Principal: Kent Vermeer
School Hours: 9:50 AM - 4:00 PM
Nina Harris Exceptional Education Center is a school for students who require multiple levels of support; academically (communication, OT, PT, and Vision), medically, and or behaviorally. We specialize in improving communication for our students so they can better relay their needs and improve self-advocacy skills.
Points of Pride:
- Every student has an assigned Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) device.
- Annual events, school dances, homecoming, PTO auction, graduation, Prom, Snow-a-palooza, to name a few of our events.
- Active School Advisory Council (SAC), Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), Family Engagement Advisory Team (FEAT)
- PTO and school grants
- Adopt-A Class Program
- Sensory rooms and an outdoor sensory walk
- PE has a pool, bike court, sensory room, cardio room and mobility training.
- Collaboration with Eckerd College/3D Problem Solving
- Numerous community sponsors
- Brown’s Backers of Pinellas
- Mr. Strong Foundation
Special Services and Programs
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Vision and O&M
- Art, Music, Physical Education
- Nursing Services
- Free Breakfast and Lunch
The Vision of Nina Harris Exceptional Student Education Center is One Hundred Percent Student Success.
Nina Harris School is dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing environment where special-needs students can build self-confidence, independence and self-esteem to maximize their success at home, school and in the community. Based on our belief that all children can learn and contribute to society, students at Nina Harris are offered a full spectrum of opportunities to participate in and learn appropriate academic, social and daily living skills.