MIDDLE GRADE PHYSICAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
One semester of physical education is required in grades 6, 7, and 8. A parent/guardian may request a waiver for their student to opt them out of the requirement. This option should be utilized at the parent request only. There are two ways for which a parent may opt their student out of the physical education requirement.
- The student’s parent indicates in writing to the school that the student enroll in another course from among those courses offered as options by the school district.
- The student’s parent indicates in writing to the school that the student is participating in physical activities outside the school day which are equal to or in excess of the mandated requirement.
- The waiver form is available online. These waivers may be accessed through the following process:
- Access the Pinellas County Schools Homepage (https://www.pcsb.org/)
- Click on Departments and Divisions
- Click on Health and Physical Education
- On the left panel, click on +Physical Education
- Click on +Middle School Physical Education
- Click on Middle School Physical Education Waiver, then click on the link.
- Parents will need to use their log-in credentials to access this site.
- Once logged in, the online form will appear.
- Parents can starts completing PE Waivers for the 2020-2021 school year on March 2, 2020.
PINELLAS VIRTUAL SCHOOL 7TH GRADE HEALTH OPTIONS
This option is open for rising 7th graders only!
The Pinellas Virtual School Health course is open during the spring or summer prior to the 7th grade year and can be registered for at any time in that window. You can enter their own selected start date.
- Health Education is REQUIRED for ALL 7th graders.
- Health online is NOT REQUIRED (it is an parental option / NO SCHOOL can mandate this online option). If this option is used the prefer completion window is during the spring or summer prior to the 7th grade year).