We are so glad you want to volunteer!We have many opportunities in the district that will have a huge impact on student lives in different school communities.To become a volunteer you must fill out an online volunteer application. See registration link below.A Level 1 (National Background Screening at no cost to the volunteer) will be processed by the District Office Of Strategic Partnerships. To initiate a Level 1 screening, please complete the online volunteer application. When the Level 1 background check has been approved, you will receive an email with your user ID and password to log your volunteer hours in the volunteer system.Please confirm with the Family & Community Liaison at the school if additional Level 2 screening is a requirement for volunteering. In order to move on with the Level 2 process, the Level 1 background check must be cleared. Work with the liaison at the school for fingerprint and badge locations
2022/2023 Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteer and Mentor opportunities are offered both in-person and virtually this year. Please reach out to the family and community liaison at the school for more information.
- All PTA and club meetings will be held virtually unless directed by the school principal.
- A voting quorum of SAC members need to be in attendance at SAC meetings in person. Other members and the public can attend virtually or by phone.
Volunteers who participate in sporting and other organizations/club events/activities should take all precautions to minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to players, families, coaches, and communities.
Volunteers, Coaches, Boosters and Clubs
For all questions regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact the School Family & Community LiaisonsExciting opportunities for Pinellas County students, parents and teachers are happening every day, thanks to the efforts of families and community members. Volunteers and community partners are making a difference, to help students develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes that are the hallmark of a quality education.
- All volunteers will be tracked while on campus.
- All volunteer club meetings will be held virtually, unless otherwise directed by the Principal.
- Volunteers will sign in/out on a digital log sheet each time on campus in addition to logging their volunteer hours.
- Volunteers must be assigned to the same group of students each time they volunteer.
- School personnel will provide hand-sanitizer to be used throughout the volunteer’s time on campus. Sanitizer will be used if any equipment is handled.
- Schools will designate a safe inside area to shelter in case of lightning or extreme heat. This area should be large enough for coaches, volunteers and athletes to social distance.
- Volunteers will park in designated areas of the school campus.
- Prior to volunteering - all volunteers must be background-approved Level 1. All Level I volunteers are to be supervised at all times. All Level II volunteers are permitted to be unsupervised with students and will follow the CDC guidelines. Level II volunteers must wear their Level II badges when on school campus.
Change Your Lunch Plans...Change A Child's Life.To learn more about how you can help change a life in just thirty minutes a week! Listen, encourage, be a friend to a child at a school closest to where you live or work.Sign up to today - go to www.pcsb.org/mentor
School Family & Community Liaison ListingFor volunteer opportunities view the School Family & Community Liaison Listing .To log your volunteer hours. Use the Google chrome browser and go to: PCS Volunteer SystemView the Level II Fingerprinting Procedures.