Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Elementary School - Home of the Yearlings
Address: 6505 68th Street North Pinellas Park, FL 33781-4946
Phone: (727) 547-7828
Fax: (727) 547-7777
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Tammy Keiper
About the School
Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings Elementary is a school committed to excellence in education. Named after the famous Florida writer, Rawlings is a school with a commitment to the teaching of writing. Here, young writers develop their skills and polish their craft with the ultimate goal of becoming published authors. Rawlings' curriculum is devoted to helping children learn in all academic areas. Our school was the first school in the state to receive the Governor's Sterling Award for Quality. This award demonstrates the commitment of our staff and over 700 students to teamwork and continual improvement. Our students are preparing for the future by learning to write and writing to learn.
School day for students: 8:45 A.M. - 2:55 P.M., Monday - Friday
School gates open at 8:15 A.M.
Front Office hours: 7:30 A.M. -3:30 P.M., Monday - Friday
Points of Pride
- PBIS Model School 2019 -2020
- Five Star School for 14 years
- Golden School Award for 25 years
- Named to the Alliance’s list of America’s Healthiest Schools by achieving the2017 Gold National Healthy Schools Award
- Several Rawlings artist have had artwork on display at the prestigious Mainsail Art Festival at Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg, and several artists were selected to be in the Administration Building Art Show
- Support Employee of the Year for PCS 2021 - Mr. Tue Tran ESOL Assistant
- Teaching staff
- 17 teachers with Reading Endorsement
- 29 teachers with an ESOL Endorsement
- 14 teachers with Advanced degrees
- 1 National Board Certified Teacher
- Advanced Accredited
- Maintained a “C” school for 5 years.
- Improved FSA ELA learning gains of our lowest 25% to 57 percent in 2020-2021.
- Improved Science achievement by 7 percent on 2020-2021.
Special Services and Programs
- Title 1 School Resources in reading and math
- Full -time gifted Services
- Full -time Social Worker
- ELL program
- Four Stem (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Academies for students in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5
- Promise Time Extended Learning Program
After School Enrichment Clubs
- Drum club
- Science Enrichment
- Crazy 8’s math club
- Get Moving Club
- Math Tutoring