About Cross Bayou Elementary
School Hours - 2020 - 2021
7:35 A.M.-1:45 P.M. Monday - Friday
Breakfast served daily 7:05 A.M. - 7:30 A.M
Pre-K to 5
6886 102nd Avenue North
Pinellas Park, FL 33782
Cross Bayou Elementary, home of the Bobcats!
We’re so very glad you’re here. When you visit our campus, we hope you feel the pride, warmth, and friendliness. Listen for enthusiastic responses, laughter, praise and mutual respect. Watch for diverse students cooperating, interacting, reading, conferencing and actively learning. Look for inviting rooms, children’s work, books, computers and smiles. We hope you notice the positive friendly way the staff treats colleagues and students. We believe in modeling the character traits we teach.
Our experienced staff has served Cross Bayou for an average of 15 years. We are proud to have numerous Pinellas County award winning teachers and support staff as part of the Cross Bayou family. Many of our staff’s children and grandchildren attend or have attended CBE attesting to their belief in our integrity and competency.
• Cross Bayou is a 2006 National School of Character awarded by the Character Education Partnership.
• We have been awarded several Promising Practice awards from the Character Education Partnership.
• We are the district school for elementary D/HH students and one of the schools with support for visually impaired students.
• We have before and after-school care provided by R-Club.
• There are multiple opportunities for students to participate in student organizations. These include Running Club, Happy Hands signing chorus, Braille Club, Girl Power, Safety Patrols, News Crew and Pawsome Posse.
• Our students are recognized for their achievements at our monthly Bobcat Assemblies.
• Each morning our students broadcast a live news program throughout the school.
• Technology is an integral part of our school. We have 16 mobile computer labs, 2 computer labs, Kindle labs, SmartBoards and Ipads.
• We utilize agenda books for daily communication with parents as well as a communication folder that goes home every Wednesday. Parents are kept informed of Cross Bayou events through our monthly newsletters, website and weekly School Messenger phone call.
• We’re here to answer your questions and assist you in any way we can. Please call our office at 547-7834.