SAC - School Advisory Council
What is SAC?
Each Florida school must have a School Advisory Council (SAC). SAC is charged with approving the School Improvement Plan, overseeing School Improvement Plan funds, and assisting the principal. This requirement fits well with James B. Sanderlin since our school encourages parents and teachers to participate in school decisions. A link to the complete SAC bylaws is on the left of this page.
Who makes up SAC?
SAC is made up of parents, teachers, administrators, support staff, and community members working to improve our school. The composition of SAC is mandated by law and includes the principal and an "appropriately balanced" number of "stakeholders." Stakeholders are representative of the ethnic, racial and economic makeup of the school's community.
What are the benefits of joining SAC?
Attending a few meetings per year and participating in the discussion helps you:
- Learn what is happening at Sanderlin in a small group setting with the principal!
- Experience the strategies we employ for teaching and learning!
- Help review and approve our School Improvement Plan!
- Participate in spending decisions for School Improvement Funds!
- Communicate directly with school administrators!
- Keep up with the changes made by the state and district that directly impact your child!
When does SAC meet?
SAC meetings are 7:00p-8:00p in the Hub of Inquiry. Meeting dates this year are:
- September 10th
- October 8th
- November 12th
- February 11th
- March 10th
- April 14th
A link to minutes from past meetings is on the left of this page.