Dress Code: The dress and grooming of Pinellas County students shall be neat and clean, promoting a positive educational environment. Apparel that disrupts educational activities and processes of the school will result in the removal of the student from the regular school environment until acceptable apparel can be secured for the student. The administration will be the final judge about whether a student’s clothing is appropriate for school or whether it will create an environmental climate that is distracting to learning. Administrators and faculty members will enforce the dress code. Failure to comply with the dress code will result in disciplinary action. Please refer to the Student Code of Conduct for full details. Students may be provided shirts or outer garments by the administrative team and permitted to return to class.
Requirements for student dress in all schools are listed below:
- All shirts and blouses must cover midriff, back, sides, and all undergarments including bra straps at all times. All shirts, tops, and dresses shall have sleeves and cover the shoulders.
- Shorts, skirts, divided skirts, dresses and culottes are allowed, but may be no shorter than mid-thigh.
- All trousers, pants or shorts must totally cover undergarments including boxer shorts.
- All clothing, jewelry or tattoos shall be free of the following: profanity, violent images, wording or suggestion, sexually suggestive phrases or images, gang related symbols, alcohol, tobacco, drugs or advertisements for such products.
- Safe and appropriate footwear must be worn. Inappropriate footwear includes, but is not limited to, roller skates, skate shoes and bedroom slippers.
Further clarification/other requirements:
- Form fitting leotard/spandex type clothing (including sport bras) are not allowed unless a proper outer garment covers it.
See through or mesh fabric clothing may only be worn over clothing meeting requirements.
- Clothing must be appropriate size, with the waist of the garment worn at the student’s waist.
- Clothing not properly buttoned, zipped, fastened, or with inappropriate holes or tears shall not be worn.
- Clothing and footwear traditionally designed as undergarments or sleepwear shall not be worn as outer garments.
- Sunglasses may not be worn inside unless a parent provides a doctor’s note to the school.
- Bandanas or sweatbands are not allowed to be visible on school grounds during the regular school hours.