Largo Middle IB World School - Home of the Tigers
Address: 155 Eighth Ave. SE, Largo, FL 33771
Phone: (727) 588-4600
Fax: (727) 588-3720
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Alec Liem
Student Hours: 9:40 AM - 4:10 PM
Students may be dropped off beginning at 9:20 AM. Please do not drop students off early at the neighboring church.
Office Hours: 8:30-4:30
Largo Middle IB World School’s Middle Years IB programme provides an intellectually challenging environment that encourages students to become critical and reflective thinkers in preparation for success in college, careers, and citizenship in the 21st century global environment. The International Baccalaureate Program is designed to help middle school students find a sense of belonging in the changing and increasingly interrelated world around them and to foster a positive attitude toward learning and service to others.
Points of Pride
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Resilience
- Award Recipient (2021-2022)
- PCSB Inclusion Teacher of the Year (2021-2022)
- PCSB Connects- 1:1 Devices for Scholars
- Multiple Industry Certification Offerings
- Active Extended Learning Program for Enrichment and Tutoring
- Active Service Learning Community Projects
- National Junior Honor Society
- Many school clubs, such as 5000 Role Models, Academic Quiz Bowl Team, Art Club, French Club, Genders & Sexualities Alliances Club, Girlfriends Club, Japanese Culture Club, Principal's Multicultural Club, STEM Club, and Student Council
Special Services and Programs
- The MYP is a challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world.
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) comprises eight subject groups: language acquisition, language and literature, individuals and societies, sciences, mathematics, arts, physical and health education, and design.
Largo Middle IB World School strives to inspire students to be internationally minded, critical thinkers, and responsible global citizens who have a passion for lifelong learning and service.
100% Student Success
The Goals of Largo Middle School:
Student achievement will increase when teachers collaboratively plan and purposefully implement rigorous, engaging lessons on a daily basis and are aligned to standards.
Student achievement will increase when students' social, emotional and behavioral competency and social skills are addressed.