Our Uniform Policy
OUR UNIFORM POLICY
Sexton Elementary School has a mandatory uniform policy.
All students are required to wear the school uniform to school on a daily basis.
NAVY BLUE BOTTOMS
- Students are expected to wear navy blue bottoms. They must be plain, solid, and non-decorated.
- The bottoms may be pants, jumpers, shorts, skirts, or skorts.
- The length should be no more than 4 inches above the knee and must be worn around the student's waist.
- Shirts must be plain, solid, and non-decorated. Uniform shirts may be Navy blue, white, powder blue, dark purple, or dark teal. They must have a collar. They may be in the form of a 3-button polo shirt, full button-down shirt, or a turtle neck.
- Sexton Stingray t-shirts are also considered part of the uniform and may be worn any day.
- If an undershirt is worn, it must be white and not visible through the uniform shirt.
- If a student participates in scouting, the official Scouting uniform may be worn instead of a Sexton uniform on meeting days.
OUTERWEAR WORN IN CLASSROOMS
- Inside the classroom, students may wear plain, solid, non-decorated sweatshirts or sweaters.
- Like the uniform shirts, the sweatshirts or sweaters may be white, powder blue, dark purple, or dark teal. They may also wear navy blue outerwear.
- Sexton sweatshirts may be worn in the classroom.
- Any outerwear that does not conform to these colors may not be worn in the classroom.
- All outer jackets that are not these colors are acceptable, but may not be worn in the classroom.
- Shoes must enclose the whole foot.
- Sneakers or tennis shoes with good support are preferable for safety during P.E.
SPECIAL DAYS WHEN NO UNIFORM IS REQUIRED:
There are some days when a school uniform is not required. In this case, students must follow school board policy on clothing. These days include:
- Individual Picture Day in the fall
- Halloween--if we are in school
- Day before Thanksgiving--if we are in school
- Day before Winter Break
- Valentine's Day--if we are in school
- St. Patrick's Day--if we are in school
- Day before Spring Break
- Enterprise Village Day (for 5th Grade)
Administration reserves the authority to reject any color variation on clothing.
All other aspects of the Pinellas District Dress Code will be in place.