Ways you can help............
- AVID tutor (Advance Via Individual Determination): Weekly commitment of one hour or more. Training provided and required. Pay provided for college students. Work in AVID elective classrooms tutoring students.
- Take Stock In Children (TSIC) Mentor: Weekly or bi-weekly commitment 30 minutes each visit. Meet with TSIC scholarship students during their lunch to provide guidance and encouragement. Training provided and required.
- Clerical assistance: Front office support one to 30 hours per week.
- Landscaping assistance: Any available time.
- Enrichment activities (after school clubs) mentors: Thursdays from 4:00 to 5:30, 8 weeks 1st semester and/or 8 weeks 2nd semester. Let’s Go STEM, Hobbies, Chess, Fishing, Girl Friends, 5000 Role Models, athletics.
- Watch DOG Dads: as your time permits. Training provided and required. Be a friendly, supportive adult presence on campus! For all dads, granddads, uncles, adult brothers or cousins, male mentors.
- Finance Park chaperones. Up to 4 days in December. Training provided and required.
- Share your talents and knowledge! Be a guest speaker.
School appropriate clothing. Clean gently used clothing of all sizes. Solid color pants, shorts, or skirts (mid-thigh or longer); polo shirts (with small logo or no logo); solid color crew neck t-shirts.
BKC store goodies – anything kid friendly! (i.e. candy, school supplies, small toys, or trinkets, gift cards, school shirts)
Cash for landscaping or teacher and student incentives.