Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Jennifer Flory-Hopkins
My name is Jennifer Hopkins-Flory and I have the honor of being the School Counselor at Curlew Creek Elementary. My experience includes over 21 years as a Pinellas County School Counselor. I am a graduate of Kent State University where I earned a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Education in School Counseling. I have received certification as a Health Coach, and I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to support children on this stage of their educational journey and to facilitate meaningful skill development that will help them discover the best version of themselves throughout their lives.
As your School Counselor, my mission is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that enables every student to reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally in a safe environment.
As a School Counselor, my job is to work with our students, families, staff, and community members in order to ensure academic, career, and personal/social success for every student.
- Individual counseling services are available on an as-needed or a limited ongoing basis for students. This requires a signed permission slip.
- Small group counseling services bring students together who are dealing with similar issues. These groups occur during lunch time and require parental permission.
- School-wide classroom lessons are taught to every student to address common topics such as personal safety and career development.
- Support is offered to families and teachers in addressing the needs of their students.
- Services are available to EVERY student!