Today A Reader...Tomorrow A Leader!
Our media center has over 14,000 books, along with computer labs, student laptops, and iPads to help students in their journey of reading for life! Reading is a gateway to learning, and to exploring the world around them!
Visit DESTINY to look through our library catalog of books and ebooks. There are also many activities for students, ranging from math games to research sites.
The Highland Lakes Leadership Academy Library/Media Center mission is to teach students to be effective users of information, and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners.
This mission is accomplished by:
- providing instruction in information literacy
- providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media
- stimulate an interest in reading, and in finding and using information and ideas
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
Check with our Family and Community Liasion if you are interested in volunteering in the media center!
Panthers' Den Makerspace
What's a makerspace? It's a collaborative work space where students can create, invent, and explore with a variety of materials and gadgets. The process is open-ended; no finished goal is necessary. Makerspaces incorporate imagination, creativity, engineering, problem solving, exploration, and just plain fun!