*Only elementary schools who win their Semi-Final battles will be invited to stay and have lunch before the Final battles. All other schools are expected to return to their home schools.
Battle of the Books aligns with Pinellas County Schools primary strategic direction of highest student achievement:
- 12/6 Qualifying Test 9:00am Media Center
- 1/17 School Battle 9:00am Media Center
- 2/14 Semi-Finals 11:40 PCSB Administration Building
- 2/14 *Finals 11:40 PCSB Administration Building.
- By improving reading and comprehension skills.
- By promoting creative thinking and problem solving.
- By promoting the Sunshine State Young Readers Awards books.
- By promoting testing for comprehension of reading materials.
- By encouraging recreational reading.
- By exposing students to a variety of literature.
Battle of the Books aligns with Pinellas County Schools strategic direction of partnerships:
- By actively involving the community.
- By forming partnerships between teachers at different grade levels .