Thank you for your interest in the Meadowlawn Middle School Athletics Program.
Requirements for Eligibility:
All students are required to fulfill the following requirements at the time of tryouts. Any student that does not comply, will not be eligible to tryout. The GPA requirement does not apply to incoming sixth grade students during the first grading period only.
- Participation Form: Middle School Activity Participation Form completed and signed by the legal guardian
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 must be met prior to trying out for any sport. GPA Eligibility is based on the previous semester grades.
- Mandatory School Insurance must be purchased online: https://www.hsri.com/K12_Enrollment
- School insurance is required to participate even if the student is covered by other insurance. Proof of insurance must be presented prior to trying out for any sport. A copy of the confirmation of purchase is highly recommended to be kept following a purchase and will be accepted as proof of coverage. A list is sent and updated frequently to the schools, but a confirmation copy provides immediate approval for tryouts.
- Current physical exam: A physical is current for 365 days from the date it was given. New physicals must be done with a new date listed and current information. Old forms may not just be resigned or updated by the physician.
**All paperwork must be turned in prior to the day of tryouts.
**Turn paperwork into the main office or grade level office. Mrs. Hicks- Athletic coordinator will review and clear for tryouts.
All sports except cheerleading, field one boys and one girls team which are selected from all three grade levels.
- Cheerleading: August-January
- Volleyball: August 10-October 10
- Basketball: October 10-January 20
- Track: January 23-March 17 *Tentative
- Flag Football: March 18-May TBA *Tentative ** New this year**
Games begin at 4:45pm. Students will be given a schedule of game days.
Please be advised, students need to be picked up on time from practices and games.