Thank you for your interest in the Meadowlawn Middle School Athletics Program.
Requirements for Eligibility:
All students are required to fulfill the following requirements at the time of tryouts. Any student that does not comply, will not be eligible to tryout.
- Participation Form: Middle School Activity Participation Form completed and signed by the legal guardian
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 must be met prior to trying out for any sport. GPA Eligibility is based on the cumulative GPA.
- incoming 6th graders are automatically eligible for 1st semester sports.
- Mandatory School Insurance must be purchased online: https://www.hsri.com/K12_Enrollment
- School insurance is required to participate even if the student is covered by other insurance. Proof of insurance must be presented prior to trying out for any sport. A copy of the confirmation of purchase is highly recommended to be kept following a purchase and will be accepted as proof of coverage. A list is sent and updated frequently to the schools, but a confirmation copy provides immediate approval for tryouts.
- Current physical exam: A physical is current for 365 days from the date it was given. New physicals must be done with a new date listed and current information. Old forms may not just be resigned or updated by the physician.
**All paperwork must be turned in before being able to tryout.
**Paperwork can be turned in to the main office or Mrs. Hicks prior to tryouts.
**Turn paperwork into the coach of the sport you are trying out for once tryouts begin.
All sports except cheerleading, field one boys and one girls team which are selected from all three grade levels.
- Cheerleading: August-January
- Volleyball: August-October
- Cross Country: August-October
- Basketball: October-January
- Track: January-March
- Flag Football: March-May
Most games begin at 4:30pm and usually end by 6:15pm and cost of admission is $2 cash only. The entrance to the games will be through the side door of the gym. Doors will not open until 4:15 at the earliest due to school dismissal.
Transportation to away games is NOT provided by the school.
Please be advised, students need to be picked up on time from practices and games.