School Advisory Committee (SAC) Membership Drive
Parents and Community Members are encouraged to become involved and connected to our school by joining SAC.
SAC is a team of stakeholders from various segments of the school community with the responsibility to help student success. The role of a SAC member is to assist in the preparation and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan (SIP), assist the principal with the school budget, decide how SIP Funds are spent and decide jointly with the school faculty how state recognition funds are spent.
If you are interested in joining SAC, please contact the school’s Front Office today!
Not an actual Gulf Beaches Student, this has been a dramatization of learning from home.
Are you having tech issues?
If so here is a list of helpful information.
1. Did you notify your child's teacher of the issue, and wait for them to respond to you. They might have a fix for you, but will need sometime to be able to respond.
2. Decide if the issue is with your device or your credentials. The easiest way to do this is to see if you are able to login on another device at home using your child's r2d2 and password, if so it is probably an issue with the school issued device, but if not it might be as simple as us resetting your password for you.
3. Decide if it is a wifi issue. Check to see that you are connected to your preferred wifi, and that all passwords to use it are entered correctly, you may have lost connectivity if you recently closed your device, and need to rejoin your wifi network. You also may have to reset your wifi, if you have multiple devices logged into it at the same time.
4. Determine if the charger you are using with your device is the correct one, and that it is plugged in to a working outlet. Do you see any response from the device when you plug it in? Any lights come on, or screen brightness increases.
5. Determine if you have limited connectivity, or limited tech issues. Meaning you can do some of the assignments from the teacher, but can not do all. If that is the case in the mean time continue to work on the assignments you can. That way you will not fall behind in the other areas you are able to work on currently, it will also give the teacher sometime to respond to see if they can help problem solve for you.
6. If you are on a laptop and get a message about wrong credentials, or expiring license, unfortunately the only way to fix that is to drive to any public school parking lot, and log the computer in from there, it will force the license information out, and should update the credentials. If that does not work, please call the office to schedule a time to have Mr. Carney meet you to help you get this resolved.
If you have used the above information and still need assistance, please reach out to us here at Gulf Beaches (727)893-2630, or contact the Pinellas County Schools tech support number (727)588-6060. Thank you.
In order to help you as quickly as possible please be prepared to provide some information when you contact us. We will need your child's name and teacher's name. What type of device you are using a school issued ipad, or laptop. The 7 digit county tag number off the back of the device. Your child's r2d2 number and their password. Finally we will need to know as specific as possible what the problem is?
If you would like to change your child's learning option please see the following information.
1. Families can submit a request for a change of learning option via an online form that will be available at www.pcsb.org/mypcsonline. The form will be available to families on Monday, August 31.
2. After the ten-day count, and once any subsequent unit changes are made, principals will assess pending requests and the impacts to face-to-face class sizes.
3. For requests to return to Traditional Learning (face-to-face instruction): • Requests will be considered only when there is space available and/or a special cause (sibling preference, custodial change, etc.) that will not increase face-to-face class size beyond what was discussed with faculty when developing the master schedule.
4. For requests to change to MyPCS Online: • Principals can grant requests, if there is space available within MyPCS Online sections.
Morning Carcircle Update
Thank you parents for working hard to get your students to school on time. As always it is great to see students on time to start the day, and eager to learn alongside their classmates. Please remind your child to have their mask on while waiting to unload so they are prepared to move as soon as the door opens. Remember parents to please stay in your car at all times while you drop your child off, it is for every ones safety, and also allows the car circle to flow without the stop and go of getting out of your vehicle. We also want to remind you to please pull all the way forward in the car circle drop off to allow as many kids to unload as possible at a time. As always we have a no cost breakfast available every morning for students and encourage them get some, its good for them, and helps to wake their brains up for learning. Together we can help keep our kids safe, and have them prepared for the day.
Please refer to the link above for the most upto date information from
Pinellas County Schools. By following the guidelines and information
posted we can all do our part to keep students and staff safe and healthy.
THe section on Self Screening is especially important to adhere to.
Every Friday school lunches for the following 5 day school week will be distributed in the carcircle from 9:00AM - 9:45AM for students enrolled in the myPCS program, that would like to participate in the school lunch program at Gulf Beaches. The normal distribution day will be Friday unless there is no school on a certain Friday, and we will communicate that change in day, ahead of time. The lunches will be prepackaged, and we will continue to practice social distancing procedures as we disperse the lunches.
Medication Drop Off
If your child has had medication that was stored onsite in the past, you will need to schedule an appointment with Mrs. Messer the school secretary, by calling (727)893-2630 ext. 2005. Please know this is a different process from in the past, and is to continue following safety guidelins put in place for all. Thank you.
Question and Answer Session
Please use the following link to here some important information from our principal Bob Kalach, there will be many questions answered that many of you submitted to us here at Gulf Beaches. You may still have questions after viewing this in its entirety and if so please reach out to the school office for further information. Please know that the school is doing the best we can to follow all guidelines and procedures, while also being the amazing, wonderful, and welcoming Gulf Beaches we have all grown to know and love. We also encourage you to continue to monitor the Pinellas County Schools home page as they many times will have information up faster than we will. So without any further delay, please sit back, click the link and get informed with...
The Annual School Financial Report has been posted to the district website. Florida Statutes require each school to make this report available to their parents as soon possible. Please provide the link below within the parent’s page of your school website with a statement that the report is available for their information.
The report can be found on the district website by following the link below:
Please find time to review the information from the Pinellas County Schools, Student Code of Conduct Page 42. There has been a recent rise in the number of students using digital devices such as cellular phones on campus, and traveling to and from including use on school buses. Together we can help to keep our kids safe, and make sure they are being good digital citizens. We also encourage you to talk to your child and ask what apps they are using for their own entertainment purposes. While we take great pride in teaching our students digital citizenship sometimes popular apps can encourage confusion to our digital citizenship teaching snapchat, tik tok, instagram, facebook, twitter, etc.
Please use this link to report unsafe conditions and/or concerns for your trip to school.
We are an A+ School
Great job students, staff, and parents. With all of us partnering together and working hard, our school has been recognized as an A+ school, by the Department of Education in Florida. This is a huge accomplishment, so make sure you celebrate your success. This can only be accomplished by everyone working together toward a common goal, our student's success. As always, thank you for partnering with us and we look forward to seeing you as soon as the school year begins. Enjoy the rest of summer, and see you soon.
Please use this link to find out how you can join PTA.
Healthy Snacks On The Menu
Free App Available from www.nutrislice.com to view the nutrient content of meals served.
****Gulf Beaches Elementary Magnet School will require that all foods and beverages sold, served,
and offered during the school day, and the extended school day, meet Smart Snack's guidelines.
Carcircle Pick-up and Drop-off Map
Please refer to the map below to see the flow of our car circle in the morning and afternoon. Remember the safety of everyone is our number one concern, and with your help following this traffic flow we can make sure that everyone is safe.
Updating Parent Contact Information
Important tips for navigating our site:
Active Assailant Information
Please know that your child's health and safety is our number one concern here at Gulf Beaches Elementary School, and throughout the Pinellas County School System. In order to help keep your child safe the school system has now put into place safety protocol, including drills to be prepared if we ever had an active assailant on campus, or in the surrounding neighborhood. Please understand that these plans were created by the school system and local law enforcement agencies working side by side. Please use the link below to be directed to the PCS Safety and Security webpage, there you will find the video which will be shared with all staff throughout Pinellas County Schools. Please contact your child's teacher if you have further questions or concerns.
PCS District Safety and Security PCS Safety Page
*Safety Concern: Our campus is not open to students until 8:15 am, unless your child attends a pre-approved morning club or meeting. The YMCA is available, on-site, at a cost. Students are not to be dropped off for school in the front parking lot. Students who arrive after 8:45 am must be walked into the front office by an adult and signed in.
*In order to preserve student learning time, breakfast will not be served after 8:35 am. Students are expected to be present in classes no later than 8:45 am.
Corey Causeway Bridge Opening Schedule:
8 am. to 7 pm. On the hour and at every 20 minutes past the hour
Please adhere to all posted speed and STOP signs especially at peak arrival and dismissal times.
*The GBEMS School Advisory Council has created a Magnet Agreement. This agreement is signed by all students and families each school year and the specified terms will be upheld. Please visit the SAC page for more information and to view the forms.
*Gulf Beaches Elementary Magnet School Car Magnets are on sale through the PTA in the Front Office. They are $3.00 each and look exactly like the circular logo at the top of this page. If you are interested in purchasing one, please visit the office. Please pay using cash and exact change only as we cannot make change. Thank you.
*Please send in Box Tops, Campbell's Soup Labels and Coke Rewards with your students as you collect them. These are a great way for us to earn money for our school!
The mission of Gulf Beaches Elementary Magnet School is to educate and prepare each student for college, career, and life.