SAC - School Advisory Council
What is SAC?
Each Florida school must have a School Advisory Council (SAC). SAC is charged with approving the School Improvement Plan, overseeing School Improvement Plan funds, and assisting the principal.
Who makes up SAC?
SAC is made up of parents, teachers, administrators, support staff, and community members working to improve our school. The composition of SAC is mandated by law and includes the principal and an "appropriately balanced" number of "stakeholders." Stakeholders are representative of the ethnic, racial and economic makeup of the school's community.
What are the benefits of joining SAC?
Attending a few meetings per year and participating in the discussion helps you:
- Learn what is happening at Tyrone in a small group setting with the principal!
- Experience the strategies we employ for teaching and learning!
- Help review and approve our School Improvement Plan!
- Participate in spending decisions for School Improvement Funds!
- Communicate directly with school administrators!
- Keep up with the changes made by the state and district that directly impact your child!