Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
Dear PTA Member/Supporter,
Pinellas County Council PTA/PTSA has formed a partnership with the Pinellas Education Foundation to create the Voice of Parents for Pinellas Students (P4PS). P4PS was developed to engage parents as partners to improve public education, starting with giving them a voice through surveys on education issues in Pinellas County.
Belcher Elementary PTA is a partnership between parents and teachers for the education and well-being of your child. Our purpose, in common with the National PTA, is:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
Our PTA is involved in numerous activities for the students at our school. A partial list of what your Belcher PTA provides is below:
- Classroom supplies
- Materials for the media center
- Schoolwide printing
- School grounds beautification
- Clinic supplies
- Stage productions
- Belcher Backyard Nature Center
- Fifth grade recognition/play
- DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)
- Physical education equipment
- Recreational Reading Program
- Parent Resource Library
- Reflections Program
- Science Fair awards
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Student council
- Sunshine Fund
Become a member!
We would like to thank all the parents and faculty who have shown their interest in our children's education by becoming members of our Belcher Elementary PTA. You can become a member by simply placing $5 (or a check payable to Belcher Elementary PTA) in an envelope along with your name, your child/children's and his/her teacher's name(s). Bring it to school or simply send it in with your child.
The Belcher Elementary School Advisory Council (SAC) is a team of people representing various segments of the community: parents, teachers, students, administrators, support staff, business/industry people and other interested community members. The SAC is responsible for strategic planning for the school improvement plan and working jointy with the principal and staff after analyzing relevant data. The SAC determines the goals in the plan and how progress toward the goals will be measured.