Walsingham Elementary PTA Walsingham Elementary PTA is a group of volunteers working to make a difference in the lives of children in our community. We are parents, grandparents, guardians, aunts, uncles, teachers, school staff, and friends of Walsingham Elementary school. Our PTA sponsors many events at school such as Academic Awards Ceremonies, Donuts with Dudes, Goodies with Grands, Goodies iwth Gals, Book Fair, Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week, National Walk to School Day, and our annual holiday tradition Make-n-Take. We provide volunteers for field trips, in classrooms and to help with projects from home. Everyone is welcome to attend our meetings in the Media Center on the second Tuesday of each month at 6pm.
2018 - 2019 PTA Board:
President -Robyn Harrison
VP Programs - Brandy Davis
VP Membership - Samantha Napolitano
PTA Secretary - Bridget Heihs
PTA Treasurer - Tara San Antonio
“Like” us on Facebook to stay connected https://www.facebook.com/WalsinghamPTA/
There are many ways parents and families can get involved with the school right now. The school asks that every family takes time and chooses the way they want to participate in their children’s education. You can help support your child by supporting the school. For all the parents who have already made given their time or made a financial contribution, the school would like to say thank you. We hope this information helps you get more involved with our school, staff, and students. We invite you to get involved! Contact us today to let us know how you would like to help our Wildcats!
1. Join the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) Help support the school by joining PTA with a $5 contribution. PTA is responsible for assisting with teacher activities and initiatives here at the school. Checks can be made out to Walsingham PTA and sent to the front office. For questions or to volunteer, please email our PTA President. The Parent-Teacher Association is a fund-raising parent organization that provides the funds for many Walsingham programs and additional materials. Many of PTA committees require little of your time.They’re not ongoing events but events that take place on a given day. We hope you can become part of this wonderful group.
2. Join or attend the School Advisory Council (SAC)All parents are welcome to attend and participate in SAC meetings, which are held in the Walsingham Media Center on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, starting at 1:55 pm - 2:40 pm. SAC is a group comprised of parents, student representatives, teachers, and administrators. The purpose of the SAC is to act as an advisory to the principal and oversee the School Improvement Plan and the SIP funds.
3. Become a school volunteer Volunteers are needed here at the school for all types of activities, from field trips to fund-raisers. All parents are encouraged to volunteer in the classroom and in various activities around the school. Without adequate parent volunteers, student activities are cancelled. In order to volunteer, it is necessary for parents to register as a school volunteer. Background checks are done on all Pinellas County School volunteers. Volunteers must sign in and wear a name tag each time they volunteer in the school. Pre-K students are not allowed to accompany volunteers due to district insurance regulations. For more information on registering, please email Robyn Harrison
or call (727)588-3519.
4. Mentor a student Accept the challenge of improving a young person’s life here at Walsingham. Mentors are needed to help students identify and achieve goals, develop positive thinking, and learn to build healthy relationships. To register to provide valuable mentoring or tutoring at the school, contact Robyn Harrison or visit https://www.pcsb.org/mentors.
5. Download the Pinellas County Schools (PCS) Parent Engagement App www.pcsb.org/mobileapp Volunteer Registration Form Sign up today to volunteer in the schools! Download the Volunteer Registration Form.