PurposeWalsingham Elementary is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for instruction and learning. A proper learning atmosphere is essential for the education of each student, and student safety and achievement are the highest priorities. To this end, a uniform dress code is an effective strategy to promote an atmosphere of academia focused on learning and appropriate behaviors.Uniform Dress Code Guidelines 2018-2019
· All uniforms must be made from cotton/polyester material.
· All students can choose from white, light blue, or navy blue 2-3 button polo shirts and/or solid white, solid light blue, or navy blue button down shirts/blouses with no logos, designs, or zippers.
· A Walsingham Wildcat or Club t-shirt can be worn on the last school day of each week.
· All students can choose from dark blue uniform bottoms.
· Girls may wear uniform shorts, pants, capris, skirts, skorts, solid blue polo dresses or jumpers.
· Shorts must be worn under dresses, skirts, or jumpers. (no longer than the length of the garment)
· Boys may wear uniform pants or shorts.
· Solid white, navy blue, or black socks with no designs or logos will be worn by the students.
· Acceptable shoes: Sneakers or closed toe with no lights or wheels.
· Sneakers or tennis shoes must be worn during PE.
· Shoes may be lace tied or Velcro closure.
COOL WEATHER INDOOR CLOTHING
Standard uniform policy along with the following:
· Sweaters (cardigans, V-neck, crew neck over shirts must be navy, white or light blue
· Sweatshirts over shirts (navy, white or light blue)
· Windbreaker jackets (navy, white or light blue)
· Solid color Leggings or Tights under skirts/jumpers (navy, white or light blue, or black). No designs.
· Turtle-necked shirts worn under a uniform shirt must be navy, white, or light blue.
· Long sleeved 2-3 button polo shirts (navy, white, or light blue)
· Shirts worn under the uniform must be solid navy, white, gray, or light blue.
COOL WEATHER OUTDOOR CLOTHING
Parents may select whatever type of outerwear they wish their child to wear (coats, hats, etc.), but for continued
wear inside the classroom, clothing must meet the criteria above for indoor cool weather clothing.
CLOTHING EXCLUDED FROM POLICY
· Jeans/denim material
· Leggings worn as pants.
· Lycra or spandex fabric
· Platform heels, sandals, boots, open heels, open-toed shoes, light up shoes, shoes with wheels
· Zip off cargo, sweat pants, oversized and baggy clothes
· Plain t-shirts
· Shirts, etc. MAY NOT have any contrasting colors, logos, or monograms