North Shore Elementary is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for instruction and learning. A proper learning atmosphere is essential for the education of each student, and student safety and achievement are the highest priorities. To this end, implementing a modified dress code is an effective strategy to promote an atmosphere of academia focused on learning and appropriate behaviors.
North Shore Elementary uniform consists of the following:
- Pants, shorts, Capri pants, skirts, skorts or jumpers in the colors of dark blue (not denim), black, or any shade of khaki. Shorts, skirts or skorts must extend below fingertip.
- Legging in the solid color of blue, black or white may be worn under shorts, skorts, jumpers or skirts.
- Shirts with short or long sleeves and a collar (polo, dress-style with button, or turtleneck) in solid colors of Dark Blue, Gray, Red, or Purple.
- In the event of cold weather, a solid colored sweatshirt, pullover or cardigan sweater is permitted over the uniform shirt.
- Any North Shore Elementary t-shirt may be worn on Fridays.
- Closed-back shoes (no flip flops or sandals).