Safety Patrol Information
Safety patrols are for fifth graders only. Please contact Ms. Paetzold (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application if you would like your child to be a safety patrol.
KNIGHTS’ Safety Patrol Expectations
A Safety Patrol’s Schedule:
Morning Post 8:25am – 8:45am
- Breakfast can be picked up on the way. Do not eat at post.
- You must be to Specials on time. No exceptions.
- Do not visit other posts or other classrooms.
- Do not wander the campus or go to other posts.
Afternoon Post 2:40pm – 3:00pm
- Go directly to your post.
- Do NOT visit other classrooms or teachers on your way!
- Do not wander the campus or go to the other posts.
Though your Safety Patrol posts are before and after school, you are a Safety Patrol ALL day. You are the best of North Shore Elementary’s KNIGHTS and are expected to behave as such ALL day.
What a Safety Patrol Looks Like:
- Follows ALL school rules
- Puts SAFETY first
- Wears Safety Patrol belt correctly over the shoulder
- Wears the correct uniform
- Shirt tucked in, belt on pants, and nametag on belt
What a Safety Patrol Sounds Like:
- Firm, but friendly
What a Safety Patrol Acts Like:
- A Safety Patrol is a positive role model who acts with integrity.
Demerits – Incorrect uniform, unexcused tardy or absent from post, less than orange on classroom behavior chart, not performing duty, disrespectful, not completing classwork or homework.
- 3 Demerits = 1 week suspension from Safety Patrols.
- 3 Safety Patrol Suspensions = Permanent removal from Safety Patrols.
- Probation = D or F on mid-term or report card will result in probation until grades are brought up.
- Permanent Removal = Any behavior referral.