Safety Patrol Information
Safety patrols are for fifth graders only. Please contact Ms. Paetzold (email@example.com) with any questions.
KNIGHTS’ Safety Patrol Expectations
A Safety Patrol’s Schedule:
Morning Post 8:25am – 8:40am
- Breakfast can be eaten in the cafeteria at 8:15 or picked up on the way to post.
- You must be to class on time. No exceptions.
- Do not visit other posts or other classrooms.
- Do not wander the campus or go to other posts.
Afternoon Post 2:50pm – 3:05pm
- Go directly to your post.
- Do NOT visit other classrooms or teachers on your way!
- Do not wander the campus or go to the other posts.
Though your Safety Patrol posts are before and after school, you are a Safety Patrol ALL day. You are the best of North Shore Elementary’s KNIGHTS and are expected to behave as such ALL day.
What a Safety Patrol Looks Like:
- Follows ALL school rules.
- Puts SAFETY first.
- Wears Safety Patrol belt correctly over the shoulder.
- Wears the correct uniform. (Shirt tucked in, belt on pants, and nametag on patrol belt.)
What a Safety Patrol Sounds Like:
- Firm, but friendly.
What a Safety Patrol Acts Like:
- A Safety Patrol is a positive role model who acts with integrity.
Demerits – Incorrect uniform, unexcused tardy or absent from post, less than orange on classroom behavior chart, not performing duty, disrespectful, not completing classwork or homework.
3 Demerits = 1 week suspension from Safety Patrols.
3 Safety Patrol Suspensions = Permanent removal from Safety Patrols.
Probation = D or F on mid-term or report card will result in probation until grades are brought up.
Permanent Removal = Any behavior referral.