Midtown Academy Center for Cultural Arts, Gifted Studies, and Literacy Innovation
Address: 1701 10th St. S. St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Phone: (727) 893-1358
Fax: (727) 570-3300
Pinellas County Schools Administration: (727) 588-6000
Principal: Keila Victor
Assistant Principal: Casey MakerSchool Hours
Monday - Friday - 8:45 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.Office Hours
Monday - Friday - 7:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Midtown Academy's school wide center for Cultural Arts K-5, provides students with an engaging, hands-on, brains-on, learning environment that expands beyond our classroom walls into the St. Petersburg Community.
Our Midtown scholars experience the best of all worlds – academics and the arts – in classrooms centered around hands-on learning with STEM enrichment. Midtown is the only south Pinellas elementary school offering:
- Double the arts! Four times per week arts/music classes.
- Full-time gifted! All-gifted, all-day instruction (Gifted FAQs)
- Project-based learning! MakerSpace and student-led enrichment clusters weekly (School Wide Enrichment Model)
- Cultural immersion field trips! Frequent visits to museums and local cultural institutions.
- High-level teaching strategies in every classroom.
Points of Pride
- School grade of A
- School-wide Positive Behavior Program
- Active Volunteers and Mentors on campus regularly
- Twice Weekly Art & Music
- School-wide Enrichment Clusters
- Strings Instruction
- PE every day
- Cultural Arts Field Trips
- Weekly Maker Space
Special Services and Programs
Our small-school environment ensures that every child receives the personalized tools to succeed academically and become a real-world problem solver. Seeing is believing. We invite you to tour our historic campus and explore our classrooms in action!
- PTA sponsored family events year-round
- 4th and 5th grade chorus
- School spirit days
- Extended learning
- Citizen of the month awards
- Cultural immersion field trips
- Full-time gifted (All day gifted)
Motto: Every student learning, every day, at every opportunity.
Mission: The mission of Midtown Academy is to develop the academic and social emotional skills of every student, every day, at every opportunity by committing to academic excellence through a rigorous instructional program and developing the leadership qualities needed for college, career and life.
Vision: Midtown Academy will provide every student with the knowledge, skills and opportunities necessary for 100% student success.