Welcome to Midtown Academy Center of Cultural Arts and Gifted Studies home of the Mustangs. I am Keila Victor, the principal. I have been an educator for over 20 years, previously at Pinellas Park, Madeira Beach Fundamental and Bay Vista Fundamental Elementary.
The staff of Midtown Academy is committed to a safe learning environment that is academically focused, but we still make time to have fun and celebrate our successes. We focus on providing a quality education for students in our community through relationship building, quality instruction and development of a strong home school connection.
As you walk through the campus please take note of our Guidelines for Success:
We welcome your participation in the school improvement process through membership or attendance of the School Advisory Council (SAC), meetings and active PTA involvement. Your partnership is a valuable asset to our success.
I look forward to an excellent year at Midtown Academy.
End of School Year Information:
Personal Item Pick-Up / Exchange Property with Students/Families
Personal Item Pick-Up- 5/27/2020 from 2pm-4pm
· Please pull around as you normally would for dismissal.
· Employees will have appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (masks, gloves).
· Students and families should stay in their vehicles.
· Please have your student(s) name printed on a sign and prominently placed in car window for easy identification.
Midtown students who register for Summer Bridge will work with Midtown teachers! All students who have been previously registered for Summer Bridge must re-register when the reservation system reopens on May 11th. · Register at reservation.pcsb.org
· Registration info: Call the Student Assignment office at 588-6210. · Questions? Contact our front office at 893-1358 or visit www.pcsb.org/summer bridge.
· May 18-29, End-of-Year Virtual Parent Conferences
· May 25th, Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL
· May 26-29, Ungraded Enrichment Activities on Teams-ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN
· May 29th - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL-Report Cards can be accessed online. Hard copies will not be provided.
· June 8th, First Day of Summer Bridge (Virtual)-4-day weeks (M-Th)
· July 16th , Last Day of Summer Bridge
· Week of July 27th - 2020/21 teacher assignments available in Focus
· August 10th, Meet the Teacher (Times TBA)
· August 12th, First Day of School
· August 12-14, Parents may escort student to their classroom
· Wed., Thurs., Fri., August 12,13,14-Parents may walk students to classrooms
The process to pick-up student personal items is listed below. This is the only way we will be returning items to families. Please see the guidelines below. If you have any questions, please contact your classroom teacher.
One employee will be designated to retrieve library books/teacher books being returned to prevent mix contamination.