General Athletics Information
SPORT SCHEDULES ARE POSTED ON EACH INDIVIDUAL SPORT PAGE. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK FOR THE DESIRED SPORT TO FIND THE PLAYING SCHEDULE.
Largo High School has a proud tradition of athletic competition. Our new campus and various fields are state-of-the-art in design and performance.
All questions on athletic eligibility should be addressed to Taylor Layner, Athletic Coordinator or the program’s coach. Coach Layner is a classroom teacher and his office hours are limited. You may reach him at (727) 588-3758 extension 2100 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
All event tickets must be purchased through the Go Fan Website
Welcome to Largo High School, home of the Packers! Coaches, faculty and staff all look forward to a great athletic season. While we know students are eager and excited to play, PCS and FHSAA require some things for all athletes to be able to play.
1. Athletic physical exam on EL2 (done by physician) Physical Forms
2. School Insurance https://www.hsri.com/K12_Enrollment/Main/default.asp (Football athletes MUST purchase either Varsity or JV Football insurance)
3. Watch and earn certificates on: https://nfhslearn.com/
4. Upload all documents on the Athletic Clearance Site https://athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org/
How to Access Videos
Go to “nfhslearn.com”
- Click “Register” in the upper right hand corner - set up your account; must be your legal STUDENT NAME for the account
- Click on “Courses” on the top banner
- Find course you are taking: Concussion in Sport; Heat Illness Prevention; Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Scroll over the picture and click “View Course”
- Select your State
- Click “Order Course”
- Choose “Myself” & click “Continue”
- Click “Checkout”
- Check the Agreement box
- Click “Continue”
- Click the words “Click Here” at the end of the first sentence
- Click “Begin Course”
- You must go through all the prompts throughout the video. Each video has chapters and sections within the chapters that must be completed. There will be a short quiz as well.
Heat Illness Prevention
Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Concussion for Students
- Upon completion of the course DOWNLOAD & SAVE your certificate.
Athletic Clearance to Participate in Sports
Students must upload their information to be cleared to play:
- Go to “athleticclearance.com”
- Register or Sign in make sure to use the Student Name (not Parent) when registering
- Click “Start Clearance”
- Select: Year; School; & Sport (multiple sports will be added by Seminole Admin)
- “Step #1” - Student Information You'll need: Student ID #; Family Doctor; Doctor Phone Number
- “Step #2 - Medical History
Here you will upload forms:
- EL2 Physical will need to be uploaded to “Physical Form”
- 3 NFHS Certificates
- Proof of Insurance
Answer questions of Student Athletes Medical History
- “Step #3” - Parent/Guardian Information
- “Step #4” - Signatures
Here you will be filling out the remainder of the Athletic Paperwork through electronic signatures and agreements.
- Parent/Guardian Section for signatures that requires completion
- Student Section for Signatures that requires completion
- “Step #5” - Donations
This was not set up by Largo High but by the 3rd Company that is hosting the downloading of the Athletic Packet.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DONATE.
- Confirmation Page - This is not needed to be printed. Make sure to select sports you may participate in for the school year
- Check your “Clearance” page. make sure your everything is cleared. If completed it will say “COMPLETED” in green. If NOT completed it will say “INCOMPLETE” in red
- Please give Largo High 48 hours to clear athletes