Samantha Fitzjarrald Emailis the designated contact for all Largo High School Students for Bright Futures.
BEFORE volunteering for hours, students must complete and have the paperwork approved. All hours that students volunteer prior to completing the mandated documentation will not count toward Bright Futures.
Two web sites have information on Bright Futures. First is Pinellas County School Board's web page under Community Service. This page has step-by-step information on how to acquire the necessary hours. It also lists many local agencies where students may earn Bright Futures hours. (bottom of page)
The second site is Florida's Bright Futures web page. This is a great site to help guide one through the process.
Here are the documents needed for all Largo High School students to start the process:
Need help with filling out the Bright Futures' Application?
- Bright Futures Proposal Form: This form must be turned into your counselor prior to completing hours for approval. Once the proposal is approved, you will be given a log form to document your hours. After completing your hours, turn in the completed log form into your counselor.
- District Opportunites: This is not an all inclusive list but may help you get started on where you would like to volunteer
- The Bright Futures Application can be completed as early as October 1st of your senior year.
- How to complete the initial Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA) document (Click Here)
- Apply for Bright Futures Scholarships and other Florida Department of Education Financial Assistance (Click Here)
- Community Hours Service Requirement:
- For additional info on the Bright Futures Scholarship please visit floridastudentfinancialaid.org