Dear LHS Scholars,
National PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Annually, thousands of students will reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
LHS PTSA would like to encourage you to be a part of this year’s 2017-2018 Reflections program. This is your chance to express your creativity in one or more of the following arts categories:
The next steps are simple:
1. Reflect on the theme: Within Reach and get creative!
Read the attached program rules provided by our state PTA and consider the following criteria:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity:How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique:The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
2. Submit Your Entry - Deadline November 1st! Turn entries in to Ms. Wolfe in the Research Center.
Copies of the guidelines and forms can be picked up in the Research Center or Ms. Hicks classroom 1-151.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
3. Win Awards and Prizes!
Be considered for local, regional, state and national level awards and prizes.
Additional Opportunity to Be Creative!
Enter the Theme Search Contest
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme!One exceptional theme will be chosen on February 1, 2018 to inspire creativity for the 2019-2020 PTA Reflections program theme. The winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention. Entry forms for this contest is also available in the Research Center or in Ms. Hicks classroom 1-151. The deadline for the Theme Search only is October 30th.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at the email below.
VP of LHS PTSA
PTSA - Parent, Teacher, Student AssociationYour PTSA board would like to share with you some information about our upcoming programs and activities that we have planned during the next several weeks. Knowing that your schedules are busy, we have summarized the programs and attached a few flyers. If you would like to share the information with your students, friends, or family members, or even out in the community, please do! Your help in getting the word out would be greatly appreciated!
2017 - 2018 PTSA Board:
President Michelle Alfred Vice-President Anjanette Ellwood Secretary Tina Angles Treasurer Debbie Stotts Membership Chair Keith Sargent Advocacy Chair Lawrence Clermont Hospitality Chair Melanie Litchy Reflections Chair Kelly Violante Newsletter Chair Dawne DeRemer Teacher Liaison Brenda Brunelle Student Representative Jacey Velazquez Programs Chair Brenda Chevere Administrative Rep Jon Marina Principal Bradley Finkbiner, Ed.D.
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Largo High PTSA whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your Largo High PTSA by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com